Chapter 26

Nawal's POV

After having sleepless night, I saw Aziza looking less angry than yesterday. That was a relieve. But she still wasn't talking to me or rather looking at me. I tried my best to talk with her but she just ignored as if I'm not even in the same room as she is. Thinking it was my turn to give up on this, one idea popped in my head. This usually worked when we were little but I am not sure if it will work now or not. It was my last and final hope so I'll be giving my hundred percent. When we were little and Azi used to get upset with me, I usually cheered her up with her favourite teddy bear and keeping a letter in between his hands. By doing this, she always would cheer up and forgive me. 'But she isn't that small anymore Nawal', my inner voice mocked me. Sure she isn't small, but I can't think of any other plan. My hopes are dependent on this idea and In Sha Allah this works.

As I don't have one now, I went to the gift shop's toy section. I saw other cute toys but I know what I need to buy. And searching aisle after aisle, I finally found the teddy's aisle. I searched for the perfect one and still I didn't got. There were many - from being my height to a small ones, and most looked as if you can give them to your lovers and not siblings. After searching many shelfs, something caught my eye. I took a closer look and found a cute red teddy bear with a huge white heart with 'Sorry' written on it. Perfect! This is the one I was looking for. I made my way towards the cashier counter and saw that there's not much rush. I waited for my turn and my eyes caught a really cute card which was for birthday greeting. I somehow made my way towards that section and saw varieties of cards - anniversary ,valentine's day , birthday's , miss you's , and finally at the corner - sorry's. Bingo! I searched for a card with just front decorations and writing and nothing on the inside as I wanted to write that. And boy was it difficult to find. I was holding my teddy in one hand and the other hand searched for an empty card. I released a frustrated noise but made sure not to make too loud. My guess was wrong. The salesperson saw me and made her way towards me.

"Hello! It seems like you are little lost here. How can I help you?" She asked politely. Should I really ask her and give her chance to say how lazy of me that I can't even find a freaking card? Well, I'm running out of time so screw it.

"Uh, yeah. I was looking for a card which is plain from the inside - so that I can write on it. Oh, and I need a apology card. Are there any here?" I asked her. I saw her with pleaded eyes hoping she will say yes. She was in deep thought, thinking if it really is here or not. My high hopes were deflating like a ballon until her face looked like a bulb lit up in her brain.

"Oh! Yes yes we have! It's in the storage room as we were waiting for this stock to finish," she waved her hand towards the stack of cards. "But it looks this stock isn't going to sell out soon. Wait I will be right back." She flashed me a genuine smile and made her way to the room. Thank god I asked her. Wait, for how long I am in this store? I took my phone and saw its 12:00 pm! Did I literally spend two hours just to find a teddy bear and a card? Way to go Nawal. Way to go.

Currently sitting in room, I'm thinking what right words to use and make it look that this isn't a fake thing. I came home at 12:30 pm. I kept the bear and card in my bag so nobody can notice. Well, Aadil is back at work and strictly warned me to not leave Azi. As if I was planning to come. Naushin was currently sitting in living room with Aziza and I made sure both of them doesn't see my bag. Naushin just smiled at me but Aziza didn't even looked, as if she can't sense a person coming and going. I was relived but mostly sad on how she was ignoring me. Anyhow, I made my way to the room and here I am still confused what to write. Thinking about nothing, I thought to just write what my mind says.

            °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

I kept the teddy bear and letter in between on her bed and I was standing close to her door, waiting for her to come out of the bathroom. Naushin got to know about this when she suddenly entered my room and then I explained to her. I also told her how nervous I am if this doesn't work. But she encouraged me it will. Suddenly her mobile vibrated and saw her mother is calling from Bahrain.