Chapter 53

*Clears throat* May we have your attention please? ATTENTION PLEASE!

Ok. Now that we've got some, please read the author's note below! Now shoo! Back to you real purpose - reading this chapter. Enjoy!

WAIT!

Can I just take a moment and say... Toni Mahfud....Enough said. Okay. Now I will stop. For sure. Continue the chapter!

                            _•☆•_               

Nawal's  POV

Although I am being harsh and mean, there's this little part of my heart that breaks seeing him sad. But at the same time, I feel doing this is the right thing albeit I am in no right state to think what is right and what is wrong. All the rational part of me flew away. At times when I feel pity for that man, the memories flash across my eyes. I can't do this. I can't just let him pretend nothing happened, or rather, he didn't did anything. I won't let him go boss around this time. Before I was waiting for the right time, but enough is enough. If I see him doing something good, my heart will go soft and then I might forgive him. Which will lead to what? Pain. Abuse. Filthy words. I want him to stay away from me and my sister. I deserve to live a peaceful life.

I think about that dream that I somehow still remember every second of it. Even if I was trying to ignore, it kept on coming, reminding me. It really felt like it was a....message. Message that is trying to say something but I can't fathom. Aadil saying not all good is good and not bad is all bad? What does that mean? At this moment, my mind doesn't even want to understand anything.

After waiting for two hours and he still didn't came. I wonder what he is doing right now. 'Probably planning how to manipulate me or worse, kill me.' I thought bitterly. I still feel the pain in my body but thanks to the medicines, it numbs the pain instantly.  Wish it could numb my heart and brain too.

Aziza is in her room, doing her homework. What kind of sister am I that doesn't keep track on how my sister is doing in her studies? I don't even know when her last year of school is going to end. The guilt is growing and making me feel worse. Before I think what I am doing, I knocked on her door before entering the room. She looks too focused in doing her homework that she didn't realized I entered. I called her a few times and then she looked from her books. Masha Allah. By looking, I can tell she really is doing well in school.

"Hey sis. What brings you here?"

"Well, first of all, I am sorry." She looks confused and raised her eyebrow, telling me to continue.

"I..uh..well...I know you hate how I don't ask you about your school and about your ambitions and I know you probably hate me for not being the ideal sister, so that's why I am sorry. I should have focused on you too. Do you need anything? Just tell me and I'll bring for you. Don't hesitate to ask me, okay? I know this looks all weird to you but I am mad at myself! If I don't check on you, then who will do it? I don't expect anybody's help. With Naushin back to her country, you are my complete responsibility. I am so, so, so sorry Aziza. By the way, when is your school ending? How is your school? Do you enjoy there? Are they any bullies trying to bully you? Just tell me and I will make su-"

"Take a deep breathe Naw."

Before I could continue, Aziza hugged me, making me stop and I hugged her back. After a few seconds she let go of me and it was her turn to talk.

"No worries, my dear sis. Everything is going well. And stop saying sorry. What you did is enough for me. And no, I don't hate you. How can I? Yeah I was mad at times when I needed you the most but you weren't there for me. But I understand why. I am not holding a grudge towards you. And school is going to end soon. In a few months. Also, stop worrying! School is good, I've got great friends and nobody bullies me. Even if they try, they know not to mess with me." She showed me her evil smile. I shook my head. She will never change.