Chapter 29

NAWAL'S POV

"You won't believe how fun it was! We went to Amwaj Island, saw planes from a park, ate the tastiest Shawarma and other dishes, visited Four Seasons and what not! Sure it's small, and I mean REALLY small when compared to other country, but you can't ignore the fact that it's pretty cool to live there. The people of Bahrain are just amazing Naw. The Arabs, and Non- Arabs. We went to City Centre, in that there was a water park called Wahoo. I will tell the rest after you come back home. When I start working in the future, with my first salary I'm taking you to Bahrain. I didn't even wanted to come back! But then I was missing you and my bro alot. Speaking of him, where is he?" Aziza finally stopped her train of words. Who even speaks that much in one take?

"He is in office, doing his work ofcourse. Don't call him now, as he is in conference room, having a meeting. Good thing you called me. Why you didn't said about coming back so early?" I thought her plane will land at around evening time. But she and Naushin came at 2:00 pm.

"Even I didn't knew about that. Guess Naush was way to excited to go back that she didn't checked the time of our arrival back to UK. Anyhow, text me as soon as he is free. Aaaannnnd, I've been waiting to ask this question for a really long time so answer honestly. Any progress with your and bro's relationship?"

My face instantly turned red and hot hearing that. What does she mean by that? Her telling reminds me of that awkward,embarrassment,awkward and more awkward moment. I still don't believe the fact that Aadil, my BOSS and potential huge crush saw me dancing and without my hijab. To make things worse, his comment....oh god. I can't even look him in the eye, let alone talk. The air around us suddenly is full of tension and awkwardness. I try my best not to confront him. He looks bit dissapointed with this fact but I can't help it.

"Hello?! Sis are you there? HEELLLOO!" Aziza's sudden, loud sound made me come back to reality.

"Huh? What were you saying?" I asked pathetically, even though I know what she's talking about. I don't want to give her any hopes of 'us' being together. I mean, I don't even know if he likes me back or not. And as I have said hundred times that this might be one of my silly crush.

"Naw. Don't ignore the topic. I can sense if something is cooking between two people. And between you and Aadi bro? Damn sis, it looks like Biryani or my fav, Kabsa is cooking. So, if you don't wanna say on the phone, fine with me. But as soon as you step inside the house, you won't be getting chance to escape from me. See you later. Love yah!" And with that, she ended the call. Biryani cooking between us? She has some high level of comparing things.

Things in office isn't that great either. We still have that awkward moments and I try to keep my talk minimum. Even Sarah noticed this but I just said it's nothing to worry about. Honestly? I'm the one doing this. I was and am still so embarrassed with that thing that happened around a week ago that I don't even know how to talk with him. He seemed so...carefree that time. Like he was always like that but something changed in him. I was in total shock seeing that side of him. I almost thought he might have flirted with me, but then I changed my mind. I tried my best to ignore this and focus back on my work.

                 *▪*▪*▪*▪*▪*▪*▪*▪*

Someone entering my cabin made me startled. It was none other than Aadil and boy wasn't he looking happy. I wonder what made his moo-

"Do you even focus on your work or just daydream? I've been calling you for like ten minutes and you don't have the will to pick up? If you are not interested working here then let me know 'Cause I can sign your resignation letter." Hurt and disappointment was clear on my face and even though I wanted to clear his thinking about me, I couldn't. What made his mood so bad? And to top it all, he takes out his anger on someone  - or rather me. I almost cried thinking how he was few days ago and...

Forget it Nawal. You can't really expect all people to actually like you, can you? I checked the time and it was almost 5, so technically I can leave now. I covered up all of my emotions, kept a blank face and smiled slightly, making the angry Aadil bit shocked.

"I'm sorry sir. Well, it's upto you if you want to fire me or not, choice is all yours. My time is about to end so I should be leaving. See you...soon." My voice was bit shaky. With that I packed my items and looked at him. He was too shocked to even respond. Guess all of his anger cooled down. Good. I gave him a smile again but from the inside I wanted to cry and remove my frustration on something. I went to open the door but Aadil suddenly stopped me.

"Wait!"

He came towards the door and locked it. I stepped back, confused. Why did he locked the door? He then looked me and oh my goodness. He looked sad. Like really sad, regret type sad. And without warning he did something I never imagined in my sleep or dreamed about.

He hugged me.

He actually is hugging me!

I can't even...I don't know what to say. I just stood there in paralysed state. And damn his cologne, he smelled real good. Astagfirullah! What the hell was I doing? I struggled to get out of him, but he hugged me tighter. He kept on taking deep breathes, I was worried if he is okay or not. Then, staying at the same position, he talked.

"Don't say sorry for the mistake you haven't done. I am sorry. Extremely sorry. I always do this to you, don't I? Taking my anger on you and to make things worse, I never apologise for it. I'm such a terrible person. Something is wrong with the finance department. I got the report that apparently someone from our office is taking money. I trusted these people Nawal, I couldn't believed this thing. And it made me so much angry that I..did this. I mean, who even does this, I really am a horrible per-"

"Stop saying that. You lashing out on other people doesn't make you horrible. There are people who do much worse, yet they aren't sorry for what they do. I can understand your thinking. It's hard to trust people nowadays. And apology accepted." I ended with a huge smile on my face. I didn't even realized I sounded like normal but from the inside, I was about to explode. How could anyone be angry and then cute at the same time? I chuckled at the thought.

"You are awesome, you know? Someone really needs to screw my brain tight." I just laughed and then I realized that... I'm hugging him back. This is wrong on so many levels. But at this time, at this moment it felt anything but wrong.

After a while, he finally let me go. Well, not exactly. Slowly, he bought his palm and started to caress my cheek with his thumb and intensely kept looking at me. My face instantly went full red. What is...happening?

"By this time, we better accept the fact that there's this...tension between us. And I believe we both are trying our best ignore it. And do not ignore me. Ever. I hated that time." He hugged me again and just how he came inside, he went out. But before leaving, he looked to me as if he wanted to say something, but didn't. Wha- How... What did just happened? Ya Allah, please help me clear my mind.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

Sooo.... That happened.

Hey guys! How are yah? Hope you all r doing just fine. I know, I know it's Saturday. Think it as Friday and forgive us?

Aren't things going more romantic between these two? This is just calm before the storm.

(And yeah...this is just a story okay? JUST A STORY. I hope I won't be seeing people commenting stuff which would say it's haram or something like that. We all know that. Our characters aren't perfect. Sure it's islamic story but it isn't based of spirituality. Just wanted to clarify.)

Do leave your

● LIKE
● COMMENT

                AND

● SHARE THIS STORY!

Until then,
Love y'all💕