Chapter 3: Killed In Action

Tsunade P.O.V

"A week ago Sasuke Uchiha was forced with a curse mark by Orichimaru. This mark gives special powers to who ever contains it as well as giving Orichimaru a new host body and takes control of their mind. Earlier this morning Sasuke left the village. I sent Naruto, Choji, Lee, Shikamaru, and Kiba to bring him back. I later sent Kakashi and Garra as back up. We where able to bring Sasuke back and found out that he had no intention of leaving the village or even recalls anything that has happened." I said.

"Mission complete! Job well done you guys." Tenten congratulated. I turned my eyes up to see happy smiles and cheering. I was so angry, how could they celebrate, but realization came upon me, they had no clue what happened.

"Im not finished please stop." I said with sadness in my voice. I could feel myself choking back tears.

" My Lady?" Sakura asked concerned with confused eyes.

"Sasuke Uchiha is still in the Hospital, as he is mentally unstable."

"What do you mean mentally unstable?" Sakura interrupted loudly.

" um-..." i couldn't speak. the words just couldn't form in my brain. It didn't sound real, like Naruto and death cant be in the same sentence.

"Lady Hokage, what's wrong?" Ino asked. I looked for help from Kakashi, Kiba, anyone who could say it. Kakashi, taking pity on me, walked to the front facing the team and spoke in his emotionless tone.

" Sasuke is mentally unstable because he has come to realize to what he has done. As we surrounded Sasuke at the valley of the end later this evening Naruto was killed by sasukes own hand." He said without taking his eyes off his female student.

"No....no ...no ...it cant be" Hinata, who was quiet till now, fell to her knees and sobbed with her head on the floor. Sakura and Ino surrounded her with comforting words. Lee stood in place, to  shocked to even move, everyone was devastated. Hearing a loud bang, i look up to see Kiba running out the doors, no one stopping him or chasing him.

" This can't be true.... he cant be....dead." you could barely hear Shikamaru whisper his pain.

"Its true...Shikamaru. Naruto was on the verge of dying from a hole in his chest. Then Sasuke  slashed his eyes and threw him over the water fall." Kakashi said.

"How do you know for sure? How do you know he is dead?" Tenten choked out.

"We didn't retrieve a body...we searched and didn't find anything just this." Kakashi pulled out the Konaha's headband, it was ripped and bloody.

"You are lying. I don't believe you Kakashi-sensei." Sakura stood up wailing at her sensei.

"Hinata he's lying they are just playing a joke on us, a really mean joke. Sasuke and Naruto are in the hospital resting." Sakura was in denial as she tried to maintain herself but was failing.

" Sakura... Naruto is dead" I grieved, i couldn't hold it in and threw my face into my hands as i cried.