Chapter 25: the hidden truth

No P.O.V

Kiba and Sasuke took the south side of the tunnels meanwhile Sai and Kakashi took the north side. 

"Sasuke on my count." Sasuke looked at kiba and nodded. Kiba turned away from Sasuke and lifted three fingers, two fingers, one. They busted into the room and it was empty, besides the stolen scroll. Kiba signaled for Sasuke to secure the room as he walked closer to the scroll. He quickly grabbed the scroll and secured it into his Jacket.

"Scroll is secured, let head out now." Sasuke said as he looked at Kibas concerned face.

"Is it me or was this to easy." all of a sudden a kunai whisked paced his face, causing him to turn around and to face a black figure. " WHat the, Sasuke ba-" He was stopped mid sentence by an object hitting him in the back of his head. Kiba rolled over in pain to see the man that hit him.

"Kiba Inuzuka, sorry it had to come to this but with you out of the picture me and Naru will be happy." he turned to the black figure, "Making it seem like it was an ambush, did you plant the bombs around the tunnels?" the black Figured nodded and went to tie up the almost unconscious Kiba. 

"Sas..uke why?" He looked up towards Sasuke, who had a sadistic grin on his face. he didnt look right he looked sick. Kiba knew something was wrong with him. Kiba struggled with his restraints but he grew weaker and weaker. "You wont ge...t away with thisss...." Kiba's eyes could no longer stay open, his head ached and his life flashed in front of his eyes. " Naru" he whispered.

"to make it more believable if they ever find your body." Sasuke grabbed a kunai and standing above the tied up Kiba, stabbed him in the stomach. Kiba screamed in pain, and cursed Sasuke one last time. 

"its time the bombs will go off in ten minutes, enough time to reach your other comrades and get out."  Sasuke grinned and took off, the black figured following out. 

" im so sorry Naru... my love.." Kiba said and was out like a light bulb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" head out first so my team doesn't see you." Sasuke order and ran to find Kakashi and Sai. passing by room and room considering everything that just happened. Naru will finally love him and he would keep her safe forever. 

"Sasuke!" Sasuke looked up from the floor to see Kakashi and Sai at him.

"Wheres Kiba?" Sai asked looking behind to see if they were being followed.

" we where ambushed and they got him. he went down, im.. im so sorry ...if i was just a second faster I..I-" Kakashi pulled in his pupil into a tight squeeze and reassured him. Sai looked in disbelief, what would they tell their red-haired team mate. the silence was broken from an explosion coming from they south tunnels that Sasuke came from.

"We have to go now!" Sasuke yelled.

"What about retrieving Kiba's body!? We can't just leave him." Sai argued back. 

"there's no time." Kakashi rushed off, and the two black haired ninja's followed. As they exited the tunnels they whole are was engulfed in flames and the underground tunnels caved in. all 3 of them starred in shock at the outcome. 

"you-YOU ASSHOLE HOW COULD YOU!" sai pushed Sasuke getting all in his face. "DID IT CROSS YOUR MIND TO BRING KIBA WITH YOU!" Sai was so furious.

"Sai calm down Sasuke did what he could, right sasuke?" Kakashi asked as he tried to hold Sai back.

"we where ambushed, and i had barley gotten away, if i could have brought him i would. SO GET OFF MY BACK" Sasuke shouted back. For some reason Sai had a strange feeling, but ignored it and shoved Kakashi away.

"Lets see how Naru will react. YOU will be telling her Not me." Sai said trying to stay calm.

"NO first we have to inform Lady Hokage. Not a word to anyone, until we speak to the Hokage." they all agreed, some  still upset and some smiling in the inside.