CHAPTER TWO

I sat in the front of my dressing mirror getting ready to hit the club with Annie and her boyfriend because she wouldn't just let me be. She kept on reciting her mantra for me all day.

"The best way to get over a man is to hook up with another man" Ugh! It sounds like a broken record already.

"Josh is going to be here any time soon to pick us up, be fast!" Annie said excitedly.

"Almost done, Just a touch of lipstick" I replied calmly.

"I am so glad that you have decided to come out of your shell and forget about that..." She thought of an obscene insult for him but I gave her a warning glare. He broke up with me, I agree but it doesn't change the fact that I'm still in love with him and I'm not going to let anyone insult him. "..that guy called Freddie. He doesn't deserve you." She said as she came into my room.

The mere mention of his name reminds me of the bitter truth that i had been dumped. I practiced fake smiles in front of the mirror, I didn't want to look pale or like someone that doesn't have life at the club.

In less than five minutes, we heard the door bell rang. "That should be josh" Annie said excitedly.

Annie is a giddy girl!

Annie and Josh have been dating for a while now, Josh always had a massive crush on Annie but she never gave him a chance. After her last break up, she decided to give him a chance and she never regretted it, she found out that Josh is that Mr. Perfect she had always wished for.

"Hey Maddie" Josh greeted.

"Good evening Josh." I greeted as I came out of the bed room.

"You look great" Josh complimented.

"Thanks" I replied feeling a little nervous. "Babe, I think we should hook your friend up my bro." he said jokingly

"I totally agree with you!" Annie cuts in sharply. "He is single, she is single so they should mingle" she said giving me a bright expression.

"Wow, did I just quote a rhyme, I think I should start writing lyrics for artists" she said feeling herself.

"And I think no one will buy your lyrics" I said bluntly sticking out my tongue. We all left the apartment.

*please remember to vote, comment and share your ideas*

*the more the readers, the more fun it will be. so please help me share the story.*