CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I woke up to clicking sounds from a computer keyboard, I turned around and saw James sitting on a chair, typing on his computer. I looked around and my eyes met the clock,  it was 3:13am. Why did I wake up so early? I stood up from the bed and walked to him.

I snuggled him from the back, I guess he hadn't forgotten that I was in his house because some people who are used to being alone often forget when they have company. He seemed relaxed.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked him as I breath into his neck.

"I have to work to do." He turned and pecked me.

"Hmm, someone takes his job seriously. So what are you working on?"

He let out a light chuckle. I took a seat next to him and folded my legs in the chair.

"I'm designing a web page."

"Cool, So you wake up this early everyday?"

"Nope! Not everyday, but most times yes."

He put the system he was working with down on the table and faced me.

"I don't mean to interrupt your work or disturb you" something that made him stay awake or wake up this early must be important.

"You already did. But no worries, I'm not in a rush to do that. Couldn't sleep so I had to keep my self busy."

"Hmm" I nodded my head. "You got used to not sleeping or what?" I asked because he said he wakes up this early most times.

"I sleep, a lot! Just that I wake up too early most times." He explained.

My eyes were fiercely focused on him, listening to everything he was saying.

"It started from college anyways. I understand more when I read early in the morning. Like from 3am to 7am. It got use to me."

"Nice."

He stood up and went to the water dispenser.

"Water??" he asked me.

"Yes please." he took two glasses, filled it with water, and handed one of the glass to me.

We continued talking for some time, he made jest of me wearing his clothes. We brightened the light in his room and took pictures with his phone, pictures to remember the moment and after a while, this award silence fell between us. I wanted to say something to break the silence but each time I opened my mouth, nothing came out.

We ended up with our phones. I don't know what he was doing with his, probably chatting, but I was surfing the net, looking at people's post on instagram. I plugged in my earpiece and watched some funny skits. Once in a while, I took glances at him.

Just then I got a message on my phone I opened it and realized it was James.

James: Hey

Me: Hi

This moment, I couldn't hold the smile that spread across on my lips, He always finds a way to make me smile.

James: I know I'm a boring guy.

Me: common, you know you're not. You are cool.

James: Really? 😁

I looked at him and I could see him grinning.

We are both crazy! 

Me: Yea. Thanks for letting me pass the night! 💋

James: Not accepted. I want the real one.