CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

I can't keep calm Ooo! Our book just got past 1k reads. Wawu... I don't really know how to express my joy! Thanks y'all this is more than a dream come true.

I was exhausted, all I wanted to do was take my bath and cry my self to sleep. I felt really really bad for treating James that way earlier, truth is the dude has been nothing but kind and loving to me. I just wasn't ready to tie the knot, we haven't been together for up to six months and I haven't known him for up to a year. What if he changes towards me after marriage? I need to be sure and without doubts before saying yes to any man.

I managed to drag my feet to my bedroom and threw my purse at the bed, I traced my hand on the wall to locate the light switch then turned it on.

The moment I switched on the light, my heart skipped a beat, I was shocked...

"it's so late, what are you doing here?? Where's your husband? Is there any issue? How did things go at the shop? Is Josh coming to pick you? How did you come in?"

Those plenty questions rushed out of my mouth without full stop or comma. And she just sat down on the bed smiling at my ramblings.

"First of all, you have to apologize to me for hitting me with your purse, secondly, which question do I answer first?"

"Be serious Annie, I'm not in the mood for this.. "

"I can tell" she said, her eyes becoming soulful. "your eyes are all puffy like you've been crying and looks like you're still going to cry more."

I rolled my eyes.. Something tells me she's expecting me to break the news to her that I'm engaged.

Sorry to burst your bubbles honey!

"Anyways, I'm spending the night with you." she stated.

"where's your husband?" I asked dryly.

"He's over at James's house. He told me what happened, James had called him."

"oh.. I really don't know what to say" she already knew, no need for me to keep on putting up an act. My voice started to break as I spoke. "I never meant for it to happen." I went over to where she was and sat next to her.

She used her hand go rub my back consoling me. "Calm down hon, but why did you turn him down?"

I explained everything that had happened to her including the part that happened in the car and thankfully she saw reasons with me.

"Oh honey, I feel you. I know what you're going through, you ain't just thinking of your present, you're thinking of the future even to your kids. But you know I won't sugarcoat anything."

"Yes I know, that's why I love you."

"Good. Truth is with the way people's marriage break now a days, anyone will be scared if they were making the right choices. That little hint of doubt will always be there."

I sighed at what she said. I remember her asking me if she was making the right choice? Getting married to Josh because of the baby.. Like she's sure she loves him and she's ready to spend the rest of her life with him but is he?

I was scared for my friend too then I talked to James about it. He told me Josh loves Annie even without the child and that even before Annie got pregnant, Josh said she was a keeper.

"What stopped you from saying yes to his proposal then another day, tell him you ain't ready to be married and that you just collected the ring to assure him that you're all his?"

"I know right? I wasn't thinking." she made a point there.

"Shhh.... Listen to your mama."

"Yes ma." I chuckled a little. This is the best thing about having Annie around, she always find a way to soften tensed up moments.