CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE

So guys, put on your seatbelt and grab your popcorn because this is going to be one long unforgettable and emotional chapter. ENJOY.

Everything is set. My parents had arrived, same with James parents. Everyone is all dressed up including me but Annie asked me not to come outside until she calls for me, She is the Mc.

Sitting before my vanity mirror, I noticed my mascara had smeared on my Eyeshadow, in an attempt to clean it, I opened my purse for a handkerchief when the ring that James had proposed to me with came rolling off to the ground. Immediately, I had flash backs of that evening. I remembered he had asked me to keep it and whenever I'm ready I should let him know because he doesn't want to ask again and get rejected. After showing Annie the ring that night, I hadn't even looked at it again. It was exactly the same purse I had used that night.

"Hey babe, are you ready to make an entrance??" Annie asked with a wink.

I smiled back in response.

"Good, walk to the door so you could hear me when I'm talking and you'll know when to come out."

"Help please." I told her. The gown is overflowing. It's a flair pink colored ball gown.

"Oh sure." she came quickly helped me up and walked me to the door. She had so much strength in her and even her protruding Tommy isn't an obstacle.

"Ladies and gentlemen" she started. "We are here today to celebrate Our family member, a sister, a daughter a loved one even though she can be a pain in the ass sometimes." everyone chuckled at the last part. "Now let's welcome, my very own best friend Madison London."

That's my cue.

Immediately, I marched forward into the sitting room. From the look on their faces, everyone was in awe of my outfit.

James and my dad made an attempt to come walk me at the same time but James stayed back and gave my dad the honour. My dad walked down to me and held my hand. Everyone brought out their phones and started taking pictures, I felt like a princess. Then I remembered that's the name James always refer to me as.

My dad walked me down to a chair that was decorated as a throne and ask me to sit.

"Now the celebrant is here, I'll love for her to have her first dance with her father while we all prepare a word or two in our hearts to celebrate our dearest here."

"May I?" dad asked me after Annie was done speaking. I took his hand and made our way to the dance floor.

"That young man just can't take his eyes of you." dad said. I did nothing but blush and smile. Of course, I knew he was referring to James.

"My presence here is depriving him of so many things I guess."

"Things like??" I asked.

"First of all, he didn't walk you down to your chair, now I'm having the first dance with you."

"Oh common dad, James is very understanding. He might be jealous of you my father, but he's very understanding."

Dad and I danced for a while then he winked James, signalling him to take over.

Without hesitation, James came forward and took my hand. The first thing he did was kiss my knuckles and my forehead before we started dancing.

Josh who is the dj for the night quickly changed the song to thinking out loud By the famous Ed Sheeran.

"Awwn, this two just can't get enough of each other, but I'm sorry I'll have to cut your romance short right now. After the party, you can have your after party in the other room." Annie said. I'm so going to kill her after. She walked close to my dad and said; "Sir, is there any words you'll like to say to your daughter on this special day??"