CHAPTER THREE

At the club, we sat in a boot as a waiter came to take our orders on drinks. I sat opposite Annie and Josh. Annie kept giving me tips on how to attract a man. According to her, I missed out on flirting 101 because I had been with only one man all my life. I was slightly embarrassed because Josh was sitting beside her although he pretended like he wasn’t listening and was on his phone.

After a couple of drinks, Josh asked Annie to dance with him.
“Babe let’s dance" At first she seemed excited but taking a glance at me, she said

“Just go ahead, I will join you.” I knew she didn’t want to leave me all by myself but I would be fine. Besides, if she sticks around me all through the night, she wouldn’t have maximum fun with her boyfriend and  the reason I decided to come also would not be accomplished.

“Are you sure??” Josh asked “because I might not be able to refuse offer from the ladies who wants to dance with the hot guy.” he said jokingly. He is indeed a fine man; tall with full hair, defined facial features and an amazing body.

"It's fine, you can go." Annie declined again. He shrugged and left to the dance floor, a popular song was on.

"You're not here to baby sit me Annie. Go get your man." I told her feeling terribly guilty. I didn’t want him thinking bringing me along with them spoilt their plans.

"You sure?" She asked me.

"Yea." I assured her.

“This is a night for you to be happy, not to think of anyone but yourself. You have to be happy, remember the lessons I gave you on how to attract…."

“Look over there, a girl is trying to dance with your man. You better go dance with him before he forgets the fact that he came here with you.” I cut her off jokingly “Look I know you want the best for me and you want me to be happy. I want me to be happy too, but right now go meet your man and I promise to get hooked up this night.” I told her not even realizing I was holding my breath all these while until I finished talking.

“Now go!” I said sharply. She stood up immediately, patted my back then walked towards her boyfriend who was already moving his body to the rhythm of the song.
I sat down alone in the boot, staring at the drink I had ordered. I was lost in thought and was already feeling light headed then I heard a voice snap me out of my thought;
“Penny for your thoughts?”

I turned to look at the person; he was a fine looking man with brown eyes, when he smiled, he sampled his white set of arranged teeth.

Cool! This night is turning into something good for me.

“Can I?” He said pointing to the seat.

“Yea.” I told him. He sat down opposite me where Annie and her boyfriend had sat down.

“So someone is planning to get drunk this night.” he stated seeing the empty bottles of drinks on the table.

“Actually this is my last, am feeling light headed already.” I answered, not wanting to explain that I had company. Long talk.

“Oh too bad, I had a bad day today and was thinking that if I drink it out with a beautiful lady just like you, I will forget about my problems for the night.” he said trying to make a sad face.

“Are you serious about what you are saying?” I asked curiously but smiling sheepishly. I think it’s the alcohol taking over.

“Yea, you are a very beautiful lady, in fact you are hot and any man would desire you.” he said trying to assure me.

“No, not that part, am asking of the part where you said the alcohol was going make you forget about your problems??” I asked inquisitively like I didn't know.

Alcohol is such a bad thing!

“Hell yeah, this is my remedy whenever am feeling low, having a bad day. In fact alcohol is my remedy for almost everything.” He said assuring me.

“Let’s do this then” I said. But I wasn’t going to drink and get drunk to help him, I was going to drink to help myself forget about what or should I say who has been clouding my thoughts, Freddie.

“By the way beautiful, my name is Billy he stretched out his hand for a handshake.
“And my name is Madison but my friends call me Maddie.” I said taking his hand.

“Okay Maddie, I'm really, really pleased to meet you.” He said with a wink.

We ordered for more drinks and after a while, I was feeling light headed and my head was banging. I like I was going to puke any moment but I didn’t want to embarrass myself in the presence of everyone at the club, it would be embarrassing. So I just keep swallowing it up any time the urge came for me to puke.

“Let’s dance” Billy said.

“No I can’t, I'm having a headache and by the way am feeling weak.” I answered tiredly.

“Trust me, if you dance, it’s going to make your feel better, and the effect of the alcohol on you will reduce.” He said.

On a normal day, I don’t really take alcohol this much, the last time I drank this much was the day I graduated from school about one and the half year ago. My friends and I were so happy that we finally graduated though it wasn’t a good experience  for me then, I just didn’t care like right now. So I nodded, grabbed my purse and joined Billy to the dance floor.

The dance floor was already filled with a lot of drunken individuals swaying their bodies in all manner. Bill and I found a small space to dance. I wanted to just dance crazily but he held my hands and asked me to follow his lead, I just did whatever he asked of me. I was drunk, so I followed his lead.

I leaned closer to him for support so I don’t trip. I wasn’t sure I was in total control of my body. I felt like it was Bill's grip that prevented me from falling.

As we danced, he spun me round and hugged me from the back, pressing my body to him. He slowed our movements although the music was fast. Then he whispered in my ears; “I think we should get a room.”

That was the last thing I remembered.