CHAPTER NINE

"Maddie, I am going home tomorrow" Annie said, taking my attention away from the TV.

"I thought you said the day after next tomorrow, Catherine's wedding is in two weeks" I turned to her, thinking of the fact that I was going to be alone in the house for two weeks.

"Yes I know, but as you know I am her maid of honor and she also needs my help. She is my sister you know "

"Yea I do, it's just that I will be bored. Me alone in this house. But no worries I will keep myself busy with the shop until you are back." I said the moment the idea of helping Margaret and her crew came to my mind.

"Nice idea. Keep me updated okay? I will be back before you know it." she gave me a sympathetic look.

"Better be, if not I will fry your chicken ass on our opening night." I chuckled. "So what time are you leaving tomorrow??"

"In the afternoon."

"Okay, when you are ready to pack your stuffs, just call me. I will be of help."

"I thought you were never going to ask. Thanks." she said smiling.

**THREE DAYS LATER**

James! I've been such a bad person. Since the day I talked to him about my fight with Annie, I haven't talked to him again. He hadn't even crossed my mind.

I thought of calling him but what if he thinks I am in trouble again or I need his help again that's why I am calling him.

Actually the one reason am thinking about him right now is because I'm bored, I needed company. Should I call? Or should I text? Okay I think I should text first then if he doesn't reply, I will call.

Me: heyy.

Me: how you doing??

Me: Sorry I did not call you to thank you for the last time.

Me: Don't get me wrong, I am not texting you right now because I want another favor.

Me: Just call me when you see my texts.

After about fifteen minutes and no reply, I feel asleep.

I woke up and checked the clock, it's almost nine. OMG, I am going to be late. Margret and her crew are going to be at the shop today. I stood up from my bed, took my bath, put on clothes and arranged my hair picked up my phone and purse then left the house.

I already called a taxi; he said he will be here in ten minutes so I decided to waste time by checking notifications on my phone.

One missed call from James, text from James and text from Annie. I decided to wait till I was already inside the taxi to reply their texts.

Annie: Fine girl, how you doing? Since you refused to check on me for a day now, I have decided to check on you.

Annie: how is the shop going? How far has she gone? Send me some pictures when you get there today. *kisses*

I just smiled and decided to reply her text immediately;

Me: Small girl. I am fine, I did not refuse to check on you, I was tired and exhausted from the day's work.

Me: work is progressing. Margret and her crew are fast and efficient. By the end of this week, they will be done with painting, fixing of electrical materials, and some other stuffs.

Me: don't worry, I will send you pictures the moment I get to the shop.

After replying Annie's message I decided to call James; "No, he might be at work now, I wouldn't want to disturb him" I said to myself.

"Did you say something madam?" the taxi driver asked me.

"No, I was just whispering something to myself." I replied and continued with my affairs. So I decided to read James text and reply;

James: what's up dearie, you don't have to feel bad for not calling.

James: I did not call either, I was supposed to call to ask how you settled things with your friend and I didn't.

James: so we are both guilty as charged.

Me: well thanks for being nice to me.

Me: call me the moment you close from work.

Isn't he just a sweet heart?

When I got to the restaurant, I thought of calling James immediately but I thought of the fact that he might be at work and I wouldn't want to disturb him so I just did what Annie had asked me to do. I took some really cool shots and sent it to her.

After the day's work, I decided to call James; I could really use some company plus he is a great listener.

I called him twice already with no answer. So I decided to call the last time, if he didn't reply I will have to wait for him to call me back. When I called, he pick after the second ring;

"Hello" I said, unsure of how to go about the conversation.

"hey dearie, how was your day?"

"Fine, but stressful though. I'm just glad it's for a good course." I chuckled.

"well cool. I was just about leaving the office when you called."

"well I just got home and I'm preparing dinner."

"The thought of dinner is making me hungry."

"Okay that is good, you just made my assignment easy. I wanted to invite you over for dinner." I said letting out a small laugh.

"Really?"

"well please don't refuse my offer I could really use some company. Annie has been out of town for days. I have been alone!" I pouted even though I knew that he couldn't see me.

"okay I will come over and spend some time with you before going home."

"I will be expecting you" then I ended the call.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.