CHAPTER TWELVE

Annie's POV

"Here's your money" I paid the taxi driver after he had helped me off load my things from the car trunk.

"my oh my! Just two weeks and you are fatter! Look at that ass!" Maddie came out of the house screaming. She looked good.

"How did you know I'm back?" I asked surprised because I did not call her to tell her I've arrived.

"I saw you from the window" she said grinning like a child who just got cookie.
"let's get you inside first. You have a lot to tell me" she continued.

Maddie assisted me in getting my things into the house.

"I dropped by the shop when coming, I was thinking that you will still be there but I was told you left not quite long before I arrived."

"Yea... I left on time. I came home to prepare dinner for us"

I put on a shocked expression on my face. "What did you do to my best friend?? I need her back."

"Relax dearie, it's just a one day thing. Because I prepared you dinner did not mean that I've changed.. It's just a way to welcome you back."

Despite our love for cooking, Maddie has always been the lazy one among two of us when it comes to work. But I am impressed with the way she handled things at the shop. The design and everything was up to standard.

"Come and help me set the table, we'll talk over dinner. I want to hear every bit of the story especially the you may kiss your bride part" Maddie told me.

Just then her phone beeped signifying an incoming text message, she became giddy. She smiled and starting tapping on her phone screen, replying the message I guess.

"Someone is elated because of a text" I said smiling hoping she would tell me.

"Hmm.. It's not what you think dearie. Relax, everything is going to unfold in due time." She smiled and continued tapping away on her phone.

"Maddie I came up with an idea on my way back."

"Which idea??"

"Well, we are the only ones who is about to own a restaurant at the plaza."

"So?"

"You know we were planning to make it a breakfast and dinner joint. But since it's a plaza, let's make it breakfast and lunch instead then by 4pm we would close. Our target market will be available mornings and afternoons."

"Nice idea. I've been thinking about it too and said I would tell you about it when you arrive.  Let's eat first, we have plenty of time to discuss business." Her phone beeped again. She gave me a wink before picking up the phone to reply the text.

*******

Later that night, we decided to make a list of the people we want to invite to our pre-opening dinner night. We want it to consist of just few loved ones.

Holding a pen and paper, "Who is going to be the first on our list." I said smiling. Too excited about the fact that we are just a stone throw away from achieving our dreams.

"Your parents.. I thought you said they were coming." she gave me a side glance. She was busy writing the things we need to get to prepare for the night.

"They were supposed to, but I don't want to stress them after Catherine's wedding. They need time to rest."

My parents have always been supportive unlike Maddie's. I try my best not to throw it to her face because she is very sensitive. The words she told me on our graduation party when she was drunk echoed in my head.