CHAPTER THIRTY.

Maddie's POV

"Babe! You just can't expect him to forgive you out of the blues after everything you've done to him. You hurt him badly." Annie had been trying to explain to me the reason why I'm the who should continue making efforts to reconcile with James.

"What happens to the saying that goes 'To err is human but to forgive is divine.'" I told her sweetly. The last time I talked to James on the phone is not something that I'll love to recall. He was rude to me and I don't think that will change anytime soon.

"So even if he forgives you, do you think he'll forget that easily? That guy let his guard down for you.. And what did you do? Went after that man whore."

"Enough Annie. As it is, I've had enough regrets. Stop rubbing it in my face."

"Sorry. But my point is you shouldn't stop trying. James is still very much in love with you. But he is scared that you are back probably because of your fall out with Freddie." she answered calmly.

"So you're saying that I should call him up again?" I asked holding my phone in my hand.

"Yes. Now dial his number."

I quickly dialed his number. The phone rang twice. He picked on the third ring.

"Hello... " a deep husky and really sexy voice answered from the other end.

"Hey.. It's me maddie." before I could continue, he replied.

"My God! What's the time? It's quite late." he must have been sleeping already. No wonder his voice was deep.

I mouthed to Annie 'what's the time?' and she replied mouthing back 'Oops, almost twelve o'clock'.

I quickly smacked my hand on my temple.

"sorry James.. I didn't check the time before I called. You know the last time I called, I was sure you weren't in a good mood. So I called again to ask you out for dinner, you know. Like old times. So we could talk."

Annie gave me thumbs up.

James was silent for a while. Then he replied;

"I don't know Maddie. I'm scared of your doorstep, you threatened me with a restriction notice remember?"

Ouch!

That was a big blow! Did I really do that? I must have really been soaked up in anger.

"what is he saying?" Annie whispered to me. She was so eager to know. I told her to wait using hand gestures.

"Look, I don't think I remembered when I actually said that but if I ever did.. " I was about apologizing when he cut me off.

"We could actually work something out. Something that does not involve me showing up at your doorstep anytime soon."

I nod my head, waiting for what he has to say next. He has the upper hand on this issue. So he should keep on feeling himself.

"How about I take you out to dinner. Tomorrow night by seven."

Was I hearing him right?
Was I hearing my James right?
He wants to take me out to dinner?

My God. .. I was speechless for a while.

"well if you ain't cool with it, I've gat no.. "

"seven is fine." I answered quickly before he changed his mind.

"Okay. So can I get my beauty sleep now?" he asked.

"Yea sure.. Goodnight."

Then he ended the call....

"so... He's coming for dinner right..?"

"Nope!" I answered with enthusiast "I got a better offer."

"which is?"

"he is taking me out for dinner." I answered...

"you mean he is taking you out on a date?"

"I don't know what it is. What I know is that we are going out together."

"we need to hug this out." she stood up to where I was sitting and hugged me.

JAME'S POV

I was already asleep when Maddie had called. I gave everything that Sandra had said to me into deep consideration. Life isn't fair to anyone so one has to make lemonade from the lemons that life throws at them.

I couldn't go back to sleep after I had spoken to Maddie.

I started to think, if she really loves me, why did she treat me the way she did.

I want to give this a try but I'm so scared of getting hurt again.

I've come to realize that my feelings for her are way more than I thought it was.

Can't wait to spend time with her tomorrow. Hoping I get the answers to my questions though.

********

What do you guys think about this chapter??
Leave your review at the comment section.

Thanks guys for sticking with "finally found love!" ❤

remember to:
=>vote
=>comment
=>share this amazing story with your friends