CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"What do you want?" I asked Eddy the moment I was able to release my arm from his grasp, It hurt me a little so I used my other hand to rub it to soothe the pain.

"You refused to talk to me" he said looking straight into my eyes.

I removed my eyes from his gaze. "There is nothing to talk about" I said giving him a stern look.

"I'm sorry for what happened the other day in my apartment"

"Your apologies will change nothing Eddy so just let me be."

"Let you be? Let you be?" he scoffs. "Ot's him right?"

"Him who?" I know he is talking about James but I just don't want to get into that conversation with Eddy.

"Look Maddie, I love you. I've loved you since the first day I set my eyes on you, but I've been on a low because of your ex boyfriend. Now that he is out of the picture I was hoping that you would give me a chance. Only for you to replace me with that.. That guy"

This guy is unbelievable!

"Oh so you are taking turns on me now? After Freddie is you? Eddy I can't believe what you are saying."

"You can't blame me, it's because I love you."

This isn't love!

This guy is a freak!

"I've had enough!"

I Attempted to walk away but Freddie held me back.

"Let me go!" I said struggling to release my hand from his grasp.

"No! I love you!" He sounded possessive trying to kiss me.

"She said you should let her go!" A voice sounded from the door, I know that voice, James. He was standing by the door, leaning on the frame.

Thank goodness!

"And who are you??" Eddy snarled.

"Common guy, you don't want to cause a scene here. This is an event for crying out loud." James warned.

Eddy softened his grip on my hand and let me go. James held me and we walked into the dinner hall together with smile plastered on our faces leaving Eddy behind.

"Are you okay?" Annie asked

"Yea, I am." she squeezed my hand a little under the table and smiled at me. It was just like she knew what had transpired inside and she wanted to comfort me. But I'm fine, just glad that idiot hadn't kissed me before James came.

*******

After everything, I was standing with James in front of his car while Annie was saying goodbye to Josh.

Annie walked over to us and said;

"Hun, sorry to burst your bubbles, but I ain't gonna spend the night with you today"

"Why the sudden change of mind? But we had plans this night, We wanted to talk, you were already saying your good byes." I said rushing the words out of my mouth.

I've spent too much time alone in that house. Spending one extra night alone won't be good at all.

"Maddie baby, you know Josh had tried for us this past week in putting things together." she smirked. "He's complaining of back ache and he needs a massage. It's time I repay the favour." this time she spoke in a lower octave so that only I would hear.

I rolled my eyes at her. "so while you will be at your boyfriend's house being his masseuse, I will be at home bored and alone."

"Everything is fair in love and war. Take care honey." then she walked away signalling Josh that she is ready.

I turned to look at James, he was supposed to drive me home.

"You can come with me if you want to." he said.

"what? No!"

Yes! Yes! Yes!

But I can't just say yes without a reason!.

"Common, I know you want to. But if this may help, I don't bite." he gave me a wink and smirked.

"You don't have to. Just drop me at home."

"She wants to be stubborn." he muttered to him self, rubbing his chin.

"Ehat did you say?" I pretended that I did not hear him.

"Well you have a favour to repay too."

"I don't get you"

What favour?

"You called me and told me that you were bored and you needed company. I was at your beck and call for two weeks."

He continued;

"After this fun evening, you don't expect me to go home alone and expecting not to be bored" He stressed the alone.

I need to remind myself not to ask him for a favour next time! He knows how to hold someone down.

"Fine!" I answered. "I'll go with you."

"Yes!"

He opened the car door for me and I entered.

*remember to:
=>vote
=>comment
=>share this amazing story with your friends.