CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

It's been three weeks and two days since my not so great relationship with Freddie started. In this three weeks, I've gotten four cancelled dates and one rough sex which got me sore for days. The thing was, I was waiting for Freddie at his apartment so I could spend time with him when he comes back from where God knows he went to, he came back drunk and horny, demanding for sex. After much persuasion, I had to give in. It was better I gave in than to face the wrath of a drunk Freddie.

Majority of the times we spent together, our object of discussion was mostly him. How awesome his fans thought he looked at a concert, how people kept asking for autographs and pictures, how he landed two gigs in one night, how his manager is preparing another tour for him. There was no day that he voluntarily asked me of how my day went. In fact, he never brings it up unless I talk about it.

To be sincere, us coming back together wasn't the best idea.

We were supposed to have a date today, he called last minute to cancel on me that his manager forgot to tell him that he had gotten him a slot to play tonight in one fancy hotel bar.

I was supposed to go with Annie to the mall to help her select clothes for her big date with Josh tonight. I canceled on her just to spend time with Freddie and Freddie cancelled on me just to go for a gig.

This shit is all fucked up.

The most annoying fact is that I have to keep all these things to my self. Annie must have noticed some few things, but she wouldn't dare talk about it when I haven't brought up the issue. And the more reason why I haven't brought up the issue is because I don't want to hear that; "I told you so" statement.

I didn't know when I fell asleep on the couch, I felt someone tapping me when I jumped up from my sleep.

"honey, aren't you going out with Freddie again? You'll be late sleepy head."

"uhm?" I tried to open my eyes gradually. The reflection of light was still affecting me. "nope. He has this gig at a hotel."

"so you ain't going out with him?"

"I pretty much just explained it" I said sternly. She's asking to much questions.

"sorry if you feel like I'm bothering you, but it's just a gig and he won't be playing for the whole night. He would have just invited you, you'll watch while he played after which the both of you can spend sometime together and if by the time you guys are done and it's too late to drive home, pay for a room in the hotel. It's quite simple. I don't see the reason why he keeps cancelling your dates because of some stupid gig."

"Annie!" I called her. This is one of the reasons i didn't want to talk to Annie about this issue. Since the day I choose Freddie over James, she just kept bad mouthing Freddie at every little chance she got.

"sorry" she mumbled. Her face ashen.

"look I'm sorry, didn't mean it that way." she was right anyway.

"it's okay" she replied. Her voice sounded strong but her face was still moody.

"okay I'll help you prepare for your date with Josh." I said.

Her face brightened up a Little. "really? Well if it might interest you, my date just got bigger."

"bigger? You mind explaining??" I said smiling at her.

"well James younger brother Andy came into town this afternoon, so Josh and I, with James and his brother are going out together."

"cool" I said dryly. The smile in my face was almost vanishing, but I had to plaster a fake smile there.

"you miss him right?" Annie asked out of the blues when we started making our way to her room.

"hmm, Yea I do. A little, he was a good friend to me anyway, so why wouldn't I miss him?" I said. what I just told Annie is what i'm trying to make my self believe.

Who am I fooling?

As a friend??

I miss him more than I would miss even my best friend. I miss all our meaningless chats over dinner, I miss those hazel eyes looking at me, those perfectly curved lips smiling at me. I miss waking up at 3am in the morning even if I've done it just once, making out with James in his bedroom and taking random pictures just to remember the moment. Those pictures, I never got time to collect them from his phone because of the arrival of his ex.

"Maddie are you even listening to me??" Annie asked. To be sincere, I did not even get a little of the last statement she made.

"Yea, I'm here.. " I said with a smile on my face.

About twenty minutes after taking her bath, Annie's phone started to ring.

"It's josh" she said quickly. I was still trying to fix her hair with pins.

"just be patient, I'm about to fix the last one." I said to her as she grabbed her phone to answer the call.

"Hello babe" she answered. She paused to listen to what Josh had to say before replying.

"Baby, just be patient, I'm about wearing my shoes. I'll be with you in five." she paused again and replied. "Thanks Boo. Love you!"

"Love is in the air." I said smiling. She looked at me from the mirror we were in front of, blush creeping up to her cheeks.

I bent down to help her fix her stilettos, she appreciated my help picked her purse and left.

The moment she came out from the door, my phone buzzed. It was a message from Freddie.

Hey babe, by the time I will be done
Performing, you'll be asleep.
So I wanted to use this opportunity
To wish you a good night rest.
Sleep tight dear.

The message didn't bring any butter flies. But I just had to reply.

Good luck singing.

I went back into the house after waving Annie goodnight.

"Time to order for pizza, popcorn and more junk while I watch a movie" I said aloud to my self.

What do you guys think about this chapter??
Leave your review at the comment section.

Thanks guys for sticking with "finally found love!" ❤

remember to:
=>vote
=>comment
=>share this amazing story with your friends