CHAPTER FOURTY

So I decided to publish this chapter cause it's Christmas... Merry Christmas everyone!  🎄 🎊

I also want to use this medium to let us know that our book is coming to an end, I'm going to try my possible best with God by my side to complete FFL before the year ends.. 😘

MADDIE'S POV

Its been a long ride. After that day I spent with my dad, I stayed two more days before leaving. I had collected Josiah's number from Annie and asked her not to let James know I'll be coming. I wanted to surprise him, so I told Josiah to drop me directly at James's house.

The house was pretty quiet when I got in, it seemed like there was no one inside but from all the signs I've been getting, I knew James was definitely inside. His car is outside, the electricity was on when I got inside, the bracelet he always wore that was written on it "Always and forever" is on the coffee table.

I walked with my box from the sitting room to inside the house to confirm if anyone was home. I got to Andy's room but the door was opened and no one in. Then I went straight to James's room. When I got in, I realized that he was taking his bath so the noise from the shower and the music he was playing was loud enough for him not to know of what was happening around the house.

How do I make him know I'm around??

Should I just sit here and wait till he's done? No! He's even singing along meaning he's enjoying it and he's going to take his time, I can't sit here idle.

Should I stop the music?? Hmm...  I don't know, he may not come out until he's done taking his bath.

Should I join him in the shower?? Hell yes! He'll be shocked to See Me in his bathroom.  By the way, I need a bath too.

I quickly took of my clothes and put on some sexy lace silk lingerie and walked straight to the bathroom door and gave a slight knock, then paused to see how his reaction will be like. He turned off the shower and after five seconds, he put it on again. Then I knocked again. This time it sounded more than the first.

"Who's there??" he asked. I could feel the concern in his voice. I walked inside slowly  and stood just before his shower curtain. I could perceive the fresh scent of lemon. Lemon fragrance has since become James's favorite too because he loves the way I smell. He opened the shower curtain immediately and saw me with a small towel ties around his waist.

"Surprise!!!" I said in enthusiast.

He let out a deep breathe of relief.

"You scared me" was the first thing he said.

"Well that's what you get for leaving your door open and playing such loud music that'll make you not know what's happening in your surrounding."

"Come here, I've missed you." he said as he grabbed me and hugged me tightly. Oh! I've missed this dude too.

"I miss you more babe, you've got no idea." He brought his face close and I captured his lips. We kissed for a while then I broke the kiss to tell him that I wanted to take a shower too.

"Was about to ask" he said rushy and captured my lips again.

We walked into the shower still kissing, I had managed to take off my lingerie.

"You're the real scent" he said.

"Real scent of what??" I asked

"Fresh Lemon." he replied. I broke into a smile. "I love that smile" he said as he captured my lips again, lifted me up and  circled my legs around his waist.