CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE

I was supposed to drop this chapter yesterday but I was very very busy. So here it is.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry" I said as I tried to clean his shirt with the handkerchief I was holding. "I'm so so sorry."

"Sorry bro" James added.

"Do I know you from somewhere??" the guy who I had spilled a drink on asked.

"I'm not sure" I said to him. He doesn't even look familiar to me. Maybe he wants to hit on me.

"Really? Because your face sure looks familiar"

"Well, I don't know you and I don't think I've seen you before. I'm sorry for bumping into you. Now if you'll excuse me." I held James hand and we were about leaving when he called.

"Maggie!"

I turned abruptly and all of a sudden, he looked familiar to me but I couldn't place the face.

"It's Maddie" I corrected.

"Yes! Now I remember. It's me Bill."

The name Bill did ring a bell but I still couldn't place the face.

"Knock it off man, she doesn't remember you." James who had be quiet since finally said a word and motioned to me for us, to go.

"Really?? The guy you met in a club few months ago?? The one you had a one night stand with."

Finally, I could place the face. I was really drunk that night that I couldn't even remember how the idiot looked like the next day morning.

"Oh it's you." I said as I walked towards him. The idiot opened his arms thinking that I wanted to hug him. But I welcomed him with a sounding slap that drew the attention of people around me.

"Now that's for taking advantage of an unsuspecting drunk lady. Pervert!"

I stormed out of the restaurant even before James could stop me. I had always wanted to do this to that fool ever since that night.

What would James think of me now. Some people don't really know how to shot their mouth. Does he have to be gabby???

I walked down to the car and stood close to it. James came and opened the car and I sat down.

At first, we were both quiet. I really don't know how he's going to take it, hearing someone said he had a one night stand with your girlfriend. Obviously not everyone would take it well even if it had happened before we had even met.

"Just say whatever you want to say. Because I know you're going to explode next in my head."

He then broke into a smile. This was becoming confusing, he was supposed to be angry.

"What?" I asked.

"I just don't see you as the kind of girl that'll go for a one night stand."

I became confused to then broke into a confused smile too. 

"Well, actually I'm not." I corrected. I didn't want him to have the impression that I use to be a one night stand kind of girl. "That guy was some stupid mistake I made when I was drunk. Annie, Josh and I actually went to the club one........"

"Maddie..." he cuts in. He spoke my name softly. "I'm not judging you. Sincerely, I don't care how many guys you've been with before I met you. As long as they are in your past and you don't cheat on me, I'm fine."

Wow, what have I really done to deserve to guy sitting next to me. I couldn't even say a word. I was expecting him to shout at me and give me shitty attitude. I had already prepared my mind to defend my self.