CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"There you are." Annie said the moment I walked into the house. "I felt guilty leaving you all alone last night, so I left Josh early this morning to come prepare breakfast for you only for me to realize that you did not spend the night in the house too." when she noticed that I didn't reply to what she was saying she turned to look at me. I tried to fake a smile but it wasn't successful.

"What happened??"

I tried to say something but I was scared that I would start crying if I do and I won't be able to stop. I walked past her and went straight to my room and locked the door.

"Maddie! Maddie!!" Annie called. She had followed me.

I didn't reply her.

"Madison London! Answer me now. You always do this to yourself. Silence kills you know."

Still no reply from me.

"Maddie, I love you and you know that this thing you are doing hurts me a lot. Maddie please! Talk to me."

I stood up and opened the door for her, She walked in and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly and started to sob.

"It's okay honey. Cry it all out.. "

"I liked him" was all I could manage to say.

"Who? James??"

I nod my head.

"It's okay honey." she rubbed my back to soothe me.

But it did nothing to ease the pain I was feeling inside.

JAMES POV

"What the hell is wrong man? Your text seemed like your house was on fire." Josh said the moment I opened the door for him.

I slouched on the sofa and Josh sat after me with ease.

"My heart is on fire" I managed to say.

"Mr Lover man, did Maddie decline you?"

I told Josh that I liked her and that I wanted to ask her out, he told me that it was okay with him because he knew that I wouldn't hurt her intentionally.

"I haven't even asked her out yet. Something worse happened."

"What else could make your heart be on fire if not being declined by a woman??" he says giving me a wink.

"Stacey!"

"Stacey? You saw her in your dreams or what?" his expression became serious.

"She was here today. I haven't seen her in how many months now?"

"Five to six months" Josh replied.

"I hate that girl!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Did you get to talk to her?"