CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Chapter dedicated to yewandejoseph for her help in making my story info a more catchy one and making me a cover photo. Thanks.❤

By now, James and I were seated really close to each other.
"I don't talk about the issue that much because I'm not sure I've recovered from it. Talking about it makes the incident fresh in my mind."

"so you were not planning to tell me?" I asked.

"I would have. I sure would have. I just wanted us to be more stable together. But it obviously didn't work out."

His eyes were becoming red like he was trying to fight back tears. Within seconds, our faces became so close. I could feel James breathe bringing warmth to my cold skin.

This is wrong!

I thought to my self. I can't do this with James and see Freddie this same Night. I felt his lips brush against mine and I stood up almost immediately.

"we can't do this." I told him.

"why?" he answered standing up too.

"Because Freddie and I are.. are.. are back together." I stammered. The words almost refused to come out of my mouth but I had to force it out. "we can still be friends, good friends. At least, we use to talk before these feelings started coming right?"

"I can't do that 'just friends' with you Maddie." he said using his hands to make air quotation when he said just friends. "don't get me wrong though, I'm happy if you are happy. At least you got what you wanted. It's just that my feelings are for you are way more than that. Being just a friend to you while you date someone else. What's the difference with being friend zoned? I would get hurt even more than I am now. It's better we ain't friends at all."

"I need to get going." there was nothing left to say, I had to end this conversation before things get worse than this.

"let me drive you home." he said picking up his car keys from the seat we sat on.

"no need for that... "

"why? It's getting late" he interrupted me before I finished.

"Freddie is waiting for me at the drive way. He came to pick me up."

"Oh!" was all he could say.

"Good night" I said and made my way to where Freddie was parked.

*****

Getting inside the car, I let out a deep breathe.

"hey babe" he said as he placed a light kiss on my lips.

"how you doing?" I asked.

"pretty good. Nice jacket." he complimented.

I just realized I still had James jacket on. But Freddie doesn't need to know that.

"thanks." I replied calmly.

"okay let's do this" he said as he put the car keys in the ignition.

JAMES POV

I was still rooted in the spot I was standing even after Maddie had left for some minutes. I'm going to go crazy! This night did not go as planned at all.

She looked so beautiful, The sea breeze was just blowing her scent my way. I even thought she put on such beautiful clothes to come see me. Only for me to realize that she wanted to go on date with that boyfriend of hers. I love her but it hurts. Alot.

Still standing at the spot, my phone started to ring. The caller was Stacey. What does she want?

"Stacey, this is not the right time." I said the moment I answered the call.

"There's never a right time to call you James." she answered. Her voice sounded like she has been crying.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"I want you to listen to me, give me a chance to explain." she answered.

I wanted to refuse her, to say no. But I remembered that Maddie just gave me a chance to explain to her. Even if she didn't accept me back, listening to me made a heavy burden lift from my chest.

"where are you?" I asked.

"close to the town hall." she replied. That place is like fifteen minutes drive from where I was.

"expect me in the next twenty minutes" I said to her

"thanks."

I made my way to my car and drove off.

*please, please and please, don't forget to comment. Your comments on my story goes a little long way. They motivate me to update faster. I get to see or feel how you guys feel about the book.*

Thanks lovely's for sticking to "finally found love!"❤

remember to:
=>vote
=>comment
=>share this amazing story with your friends