CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

JAMES'S POV

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" I asked again her hoping she'll Change her mind.

"Come on, I'm going to be okay. I'm spending just a week right? No one's gonna eat me." she replied.

"Just In case bitch-toria tries something stupid, alert me. I'll be there in a flash." Annie added from were She was leaning on my car. Bitch-toria is Maddie's said stepmother. Actually, her name is Victoria but since Annie considers her a bitch, she remixed the name to Bitch-toria.

I pulled Maddie in for a hug. "I'm gonna miss you" I told her briefly while perceiving the sweet lemon fragrance coming from her hair.

"I'm only going for a week... And by the way, you suggested this trip remember." she replied me.

"I know, It had to be done sooner or later anyways.. It doesn't change the fact that I'll still miss you even if you choose to do it later."

She immediately grabbed my neck pulled me in for a quick kiss but as she was about letting go I captured her lips again and deepened the kiss. There's no one that'll see us now and guess that we had a serious quarrel that could end a relationship less than a week ago, but that's what relationships are all about right? Forgiveness and tolerance.

"Hmm.. Hmm.. " Annie cleared her throat so we can be aware that she was still around "are you guys sure you don't wanna rush some things before the uber arrives, or maybe you want a 15 minutes quickie I could arrange a room you know." she added smirking probably trying to hold back her laugh back.

"oh please. You're probably jealous because Josh isn't here." I told her making funny faces at her while Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Hum, babe.. The driver is here." Maddie said tapping my hand.

I helped her carry her mini box to the car trunk and held her handbag till she sat inside the car. I leaned close to her and kissed her again and told her to call me once she got to her father's house. 

After she left, I dropped Annie at their shop and went back to the office.

MADDIE'S POV

I've been on the road for about two hours now, getting close to my destination I realized that I don't even know the real reason why I embarked on this trip. I knew that I wanted to talk to my dad but what do I really want to talk to him about?

Well! I guess it's too late to turn back now, I'll have to face him and let things flow anyhow it deems fit.

"Madam, we are at your destination" I felt someone tapping me. I must have fell asleep..

"hmm... " I managed to say. Everything was blur at first but I used my hand to rub my eyes for a while then I saw everything clearly. I was at my dad's house already, staring at the front yard I practically grew up. Memories from young age started to feel my mind.

That chair, that chair was still outside by the door, the same chair my mom and I would sit and she'll tell me stories both fiction and non fictional stories. I smiled as I reminisce that memory, I began to relive the moment. The smile in my face suddenly wiped off when I recalled that anytime my dad comes home my mom and I would stand up immediately from that chair and go inside. We would lock ourselves in my room because my parents can't stand each other.

The next thing my eyes darted to was the seesaw at one end. My best friend then Marilyn and I would always play there, she was the only person I could talk to about my house problems that wasn't my mom. That's because anytime my dad and mom are about getting it hot, my mom would send me to their place to play  with Marilyn, but I knew what was about to get down. So Marilyn's mom would take us to the cinema In case things got to wild so wouldn't hear screams