CHAPTER TWENTY

MADDIE'S POV

I locked the door the moment I got inside the house.  I had to put up my guard because I didn't want him to see how vulnerable I was around him.

I leaned against the door and dragged my self to the floor.

"No I'm not going to cry" I said to my self over and over again till I felt a trickle of tears on my cheeks.

All these while, Annie was just standing in front of me saying nothing. She didn't even make a move to console me or call James a jerk the way she had called Freddie earlier.

I stood up to go to my room but she stopped me.

"In my opinion Maddie, James deserves listening ears too."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to her.

"Even if I listen to him and hear what he has to say, it's going to change nothing."

"What do you mean?" she asked me giving me a questioning look.

"Because I'm giving Freddie a second chance." I paused to study her expression then continued; "We talked about it, and we're back together."

"I'm not in support of this Maddie" she said lifting both her hands.

"You don't have to be sweetie, I'm the one giving him a chance, not you."

"Maddie! Listen to yourself. This is someone who hurt you. Threw five years away in the trash. He didn't even think of your feelings when he dumped you through the phone." she said with her voice slightly higher than normal.

"He made a mistake no doubt! He's ready to make amends. He's ready to start all over." I told her.

"So what if he goes on tour again. He'll repeat the same process then come back and beg you and you'll forgive him as if those things never happened?"

"He needed a break okay? I understand where he is coming from. Yes! He threw five years into the gutter but in those five years, he gave me what my father never gave me, Love. He protected me. He was always there for me even before I met you. He needed a little taste of freedom from my problems and he got it, now he's back."

Annie shook her head indicating that she was sorry for me, but I care less what she thinks Now. "Someone who truly loves you, won't get tired of you. If he loves you, he'll love both you and your baggage. Just hoping he doesn't hurt you this time around."

"He won't" I replied curtly to end the conversation.

I started walking again to my room then she called me.

"Maddie."

"What?" I replied without turning to face her.

"James deserves a fair hearing you know. I mean Freddie had hurt you so badly, he came back and you forgave him. You didn't even let him suffer a little before you listened to him. But James has been trying his very best just to reach out to you, even if you and Freddie are back together, he needs to know. You shared your problems with him too right?"

"Fine! If that's what you want."

"Thanks" she answered, I could feel the gratitude in her voice. "I'll just tell Josh to let him know."

"You know, I've been wondering whose side you are on?" I paused then continued; "You know what? Never mind." I started walking to my room. Just before I slammed my room door I heard Annie's voice.

"I'm on your side baby!"

Fuck you.

I fell on my bed the moment I got to my room, thinking of James's appearance; he looked so charming, handsome as ever, wearing a faded Jean  and a black T-shirt, his hair tousled but his eyes were dull and there were bags due to stress..

Why was I even thinking of him?

Why was I being so hard on him?

Different questions started coming to my mind that I couldn't find answers to.

Just then my phone beeped. I quickly grabbed the phone to look at the sender, it was Freddie.. I felt Disappointed, but why did I? Was I expecting someone else's text?

Freddie: Heyy babe, thanks for giving us another chance.
Freddie: hope it works out well this time.

Me: of course, we will make it work.

Freddie: hang out?? Later tomorrow

Me: sure what time?

Freddie: 9pm.

Me: okay then.

Annie might be mad at me now, but she doesn't understand, she will get to eventually, she just needs time.

I never stopped loving Freddie, Seeing him again made me realize that a part of me has been dead and I need to wake it up.

I tried to force my self to believe that I was only with James because I thought he'll help me forget and it worked for a while until I realized that all guys are the same. It's better to be with the devil you know than hope on the angel you are expecting.

*Heyy guys, I know this chapter is a bit off, but I'm trying to put things up for you guys. Still hoping you enjoyed it nonetheless*

*thanks for always being there to read.* 💝

*"finally found love!" is a huge part of my life, and I promise to update more often for you guys.*

remember to:
=>vote
=>comment
=>share this amazing story with your friends.