CHAPTER FOUR

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed with a serious headache; the last thing I could remember from last night was the moment Billy and I were on the dance floor. My eyes surveyed round the room, and I came to conclusion that I was in a hotel room and I was half naked!

I just said half naked!

I stood up from the bed calling out to Billy, but no response. I went to the bathroom but there was no one there.

“I can’t believe I slept with a stranger last night. I didn’t even know what had happened. Did he have sex with me? Did I vomit and he had to remove my clothes?” I was so confused. “he’s even nowhere to be found."

I needed answers to the questions in my head and if really anything had happened, I wouldn’t forgive my self on time. People need to understand the meaning of consent. I cringed.

I would never drink so much alcohol again!

I thought about so many things and how In God’s name I ended up here. Then my mind went to Annie.

Holy shit!!!

She must have tried to call me a thousand times already. I quickly glanced around the room searching for my purse; then found it on a stool close to the bed. I took my phone from it, double tapped on the screen for notification but none, no missed call, no messages. What a friend I have, what if I had been kidnapped or worst still dead, she didn’t even bother checking on me.
I picked up my purse and saw a small piece of paper under it; I picked it up and saw that it was a note, probably from the jerk who took advantage of me last night.

It read;

Hey beautiful am sorry I didn’t stay
Long enough to see you wake up,
Just that my wife called and she was furious
That I didn’t sleep home last night
And she wanted me back as soon as possible.
I will see you some other time.
Yours,
Billy

JERK!

He is even married. I feel so sorry for his spouse, I'm not sure she knows the beast that she is married to.

Consent is important! Even if I see Billy again, I'm not sure I would recognize him, how then am I going to fight for my right?
I decided to freshen up and go back home. Even though I was still feeling awful about what had happened.

Reaching home, Annie was still not back. She probably spent the night at Josh’s place and that was why she completely forgot that I exists. I went straight to the drawer In my room and brought out a tablet of contraceptives and took it, then I brought out my phone to call Annie, she picked up after the third ring and she answered with a sleepy voice;

“hellooooo”

“Gee I don’t know how I ended up with you as a friend in the first place” I answered angrily.

“Wait, where are all these coming from??” she answered more awake this time.
“We went to a club together last night, I left before you which you know is so unlike me…..” I started rambling not sure of how to drop the bomb that a stranger slept with me last night. “You know I always let you know about my whereabouts, I left and you did not bother to call or ask about me if I was safe or not…..”

“Girl, calm down, I know that you are a big girl and that you can take care of yourself." she cuts in sharply.

“Someone took advantage of me last night!!” yea! I just dropped the bomb!

“Oh my! Am coming back home” then she ended call.

I decided to fix myself a cup of coffee before Annie arrives.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share