CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO

"Happy Birthday!!!" James, Annie, Josh and Andy had screamed in my face the moment I had opened my front door. I wasn't expecting this early.

"I know we had woken your lazy ass from sleep." Annie added. She knows me so well.  I had plan to lay in bed till nine a.m this morning.

"Thanks guys, Its so early." I hugged all of them one by one, starting from Annie and ending with James which was the longest and accompanied with a lot of kisses.

"So when are your parents arriving?" Annie asked.

"They'll be here before 3'o'clock in the afternoon. My dad had assured me." I answered.

"He better not screw up this time." Annie muttered.

"Hey, there's no room for negativity here." Josh warned.

Deep down inside me, I was wishing this man wasn't really playing with my heart. Of course, he sounded genuine but that was the same way he assured me he was going to come for my graduation but he never showed up.

Why are you thinking this way?? My inner me asked me. It's not like he didn't give me a valid reason for his actions.

"Hey babe, what are you thinking about?? It's your day. No rooms for unnecessary thoughts." James said as he kissed my forehead. I really wish that James and I could continue like this forever, I love the way he cares, compliments me, understands me and never choose to get angry at the same time with me.

"Thanks. What did you guys bring??" I asked.

"A lot! Andy and Josh has gone to the car to get them."

"Okay."

"Should I give you my present Now? Or I should wait till dinner??" He asked me. Well I didn't want to celebrate my birthday,  I didn't see anything special in turning twenty-four but because my dad had insisted that he wanted to make up for his wrongs at every little opportunity he gets, I decided to hold a small family dinner. Just us family and yes, I had invited James's parents too, so I'm meeting them for the first time.. They had arrived last night and are currently at James's place, a driver will bring them at dinner.

"Hell yeah, you're full of surprises you know. What if you have gotten me a lingerie or a set of undies? How am I supposed to open them at dinner. It will be so embarrassing."

"So you don't trust me?? Oh no. I feel so terrible." he said as he tried to pout.

"Give up already, pouting doesn't suit you."

"Really??" he said as he handed me a small wrapped box.

"Baby! Another ring??" I asked with enthusiasm.

"Ha! I can't really handle another rejection, check it out yourself."

I felt bad all of a sudden. Sincerely, I had always regretted rejecting that ring that very day. I wasn't thinking. It was after everything I came to realize that I want nothing more from a man and yes, James was right after all, I'm not as weak as my mom and he's not my dad.

After removing the gift wrap, I was left with a small box. This looks like a ring box to me after all, but since James says it isn't, I won't know till I find out.

"A key?" I chuckled "James you gave me a key for my birthday?? What did you buy,  a house??" I removed the key from the box and looked closely at it.

Suddenly I felt like all the air around me had been sucked away. James just stood there smiling. And the next thing that came out of my mouth was a scream.

"Baby! You got me a car.!!" I jumped up and hugged him. Just then I realized that we were not completely alone in the sitting room, Andy and Josh has come back with some supplies from the car. "Tell me this is a prank" I gave him a quizzical look.

"It isn't babe. This is your very own brand new  Mercedes GL450"

"I can't love you less babe." I hugged him and kissed him dearly. "My love for you is... " and again, he cuts in and we completed the last part together.

"Always at its peak." we kissed again.

Everyone around us clapped and cheered.

"You want to see your car now?" James asked me.

"This is enough surprise for the now, if you don't want me to pass out, just wait till after dinner." I turned to Annie and said. "Babe! I've got my own ride.. Woah!" then I turned back to James and said. "Stop calling this a car, it's not. It's a ride. A clean ride. Thanks hon. This is the best gift I could ever ask for. I never expected it."

"Stop saying thanks. You're worth more than this."

After everything, we prepared the whole house for dinner. This birthday isn't really about me. It's about my parents and James's parents that are going to be in attendance.

**************

What do you guys think about this chapter??
Leave your review at the comment section.

Thanks guys for sticking with "finally found love!" ❤

remember to:
=>vote
=>comment
=>share this amazing story with your friends