CHAPTER NINETEEN

JAMES POV

Josh had told me that the girls opened their eatery today so they won't be home from morning till 5pm. I needed to see Maddie, I really miss her, if I don't settle things with her, I'm not sure I'll be fine. This issue has gotten the better of me and it's affecting my productivity at work.

I stood up from the bed, took my bath for the second time today, put some clothes on, grabbed my car key and left the house. I didn't even bother to comb my hair, it wasn't important at the moment.

When I got to the girl's apartment, no one was in. The door was locked and it was 6:30pm already. It won't be long before they arrived I thought to my self.

I decided to sit on their front porch, I needed to talk to her, it was now or never.

I waited there for almost an hour before they arrived. They both looked cheerful, I guess work was fine. When Maddie realized I was sitting in front of their house her countenance changed, immediately I stood up to greet them.

"James.. To what do we owe this visit?" Annie asked smiling at me, at least she didn't look like she was going to kill me compared to the last time I came here. Josh told me that she had asked him some questions about the relationship Stacey and I have and he told her the things that needed to be said. Now she knows that I didn't mean to hurt her friend.

"I came to have a word with Maddie." I said replying Annie but looking at Maddie.

Maddie rolled her eyes and started searching for her key inside her bag.

"Ok, I'll leave you too" she said and snatched the key from Maddie's hand the moment she found it, unlocked the door and walked inside.

Maddie was about to follow but I held her back, I grabbed her by her arms gently.

Oh her scent!

Having her stand so close to me, I could perceive her scent, that scent that I've missed so much. Even after working for the whole day, she still scents like fresh lemon..

"What do you want?" she asked sternly.

Her harsh tone brought me back to my senses.

"Maddie, you just have to listen to me, hear me out."

"I was just a fling to you right? Your girl toy?"

"Don't say that, you know you mean more?"

"More? More? Okay! Let me guess, a promotion from a girl toy to a mistress." she answered sarcastically.

This girl is making this hard for me. "Look Maddie, if you don't listen to me, we'll result to nothing here."

"That's exactly what I want! That's exactly what we are. We are nothing to each other." I saw flashes of pain on her eyes. "And Mr man, this is the last time you will show up on my doorstep or in my house. You are no longer welcomed...."

"But.. " I tried to cut her short so she could hear me out.

"No buts... Next time you trespass, I'll make sure to contact my lawyer."

Was she really saying this to me? She wants to give me a restriction notice?

Beyond doubt, I was hurt, really hurt.

She pushed down the door knob and walked into the house. I could hear the sound of the lock, indicating that she was locking it from inside.

I guess I will maintain my boundaries then.

Getting to my house, the door was slightly opened. Only one person has the spare key to my apartment.

Stacey!

I opened the door and walked in.

"Finally baby, you are back." she said rushing over to were I was standing, raining kisses on my face with her hands wrapping my neck.

I slowly unwrapped her hands looked into her eyes and spoke to her without emotions.

"This will not make up for the times you weren't there" I could see tears forming on her eyes. "Get out!" I said and started walking away.

"James, I love you and you know that, you know i can't live without you."

With anger, I pushed the flower vase on the dinning table, it fell to the fall and shattered.

"Well I can live without you. I said get out!!!"

She kept quiet immediately, she had never seen me get angry to the point of destroying things. I guess she brought out that side of me. I walked into my bedroom and slammed the door.

I knew that there were things that I wanted to know but this was not the right time.

This is more than torture I thought to my self.

Maddie doesn't forgive easily I thought to my self.

I fell down on my bed hoping for sleep to take this mystery away from me, but sleep was the last thing that came.

*thanks guys for sticking to "finally found love!"*

💝💖

*oh my James, I feel so sorry for him.*

*Life has made Maddie a hard nut to crack. I guess once the trust she has for someone has been broken, it'll be hard to fix.*

remember to:
=>vote
=>comment
=>share this amazing story with your friends.