chpt 11

You had a lot of crooks trying to steal yo heart never really had luck couldn't never figure out
how to love,
how to love

~lil Wayne

I love that song but anyways on with the story cuz ik y'all been waiting for this update.

Khii P.O.V.

Its been a few days since Teo dropped me back off at my grandma's house. I'm not gonna call him dad no more cuz a dad doesn't just get rid of you like that.

Grandma being extra annoying lately. She keeps telling me "I told you so" or she'll be saying things like "your dad can't commit to something he don't care about"

I swea she getting on my nerves. But I've been on my best behavior lately. I don't get in trouble in school no more cuz I don't wanna get sent home and have to listen to her say so stupid shii so I just do what I'm supposed to.

But ever since Teo took me back grandma took away ALL my privileges. No phone, no TV, no Xbox. I'm not even allowed to have an afternoon snack. She's legit starving me so I just spend every second I'm not at school in my room.

"Khii is your room clean?" My grandma yelled. I opened my room door and watched her come out my mom's room shutting the door behind her. "What is you doing in my momma's room?" I asked.

"The entrance to the attic is in there. I'm packing up her things and putting them up there" she said.

Who is she to touch my mom's stuff? And why she gotta act so heartless towards my momma like dats you daughter, tf.

"I don't want you removing her stuff, she deserves tl be recognized as a member of this family" I said semi- yelling.

She rolled her eyes. "Then next time tell her not to get pregnant, now I'm going to the store. Put the wrest of that stuff in the boxes but don't put it in the attic. I don't want you up there" she said grabbing her keys and leaving.

Ayo's P.O.V.

"Where's yo brother?" Sammy asked storming into the house. "Girl they invented knocking for a reason" I said putting my plate in the sink.

Like honestly who is you to just walk into my house? What if I was naked or something and then somebody just walks in wtf.

Sammy ignored me and kept on talking.

"Teo was supposed to go to the studio this morning to get the paperwork about the tour but he didn't show"

And that's my problem how? Why do people always bring me in their problems? Like all cuz of this Khii stuff Mateo wants to be moody. Nigga you the one who took him back so get mad at yo'self.

"He's upstairs. He ain't come out his room in like 3 days."

Now that I think about it, I should be worried. But I'm not cuz like I said before this is his problem.

Sammy ran up the stairs and started pounding on the door yelling "Teo you better open this dang door!"

No answer.

"Mateo, I ain't playing wit chu"

No answer.

"Mateo what eva yo middle name is Bowles open this door!"

Ignored.

Sammy took a credit card out her pocket and jammed it into the door and it popped open.

I followed Sammy into Teo's room where he was passed out on the floor with an open bottle of pills in his hand.

He drugged himself ? I couldn't believe this boi tried to kill himself.

"Call 911!" Sammy screamed crying. "He's not breathing"

Khii P.O.V.

I walked into my mom's room and looked at all of the cardboard boxes on her bed. Nearly everything was packed up. There was no more clothes in her drawers and no more framed pictures on her dresser or anything. Grandma wasn't kidding when she said she was getting rid of her things.

I opened one of the boxes and looked at all the framed pictures. There was a few of me and her. They all began to bring back memories.

I rummaged through the box finding an old notebook. I opened it up to see my mom's diary. So I flipped through reading the pages until I got to the last entry it was written 2 days before she died.

August 9,
Dear diary,
My mom won't let me talk to Mateo. She took away my phone and then she packed up all of my things and moved us to a different house.
I knew i should just leave. If I leave then nobody will be around to help me take care of Khii and I really don't have the money to take care of a child by myself while Teo is on tour. So I guess I'm just gonna have to let her control me.
I wanted to tell Teo we have a child but he said he's not ready for that and i don't want to put him in an awkward position with this so I'm not gonna say anything.
But Khii is 13 now and he deserves to know about his dad and if he was to ask about him I'd tell him but he never asked and I don't want to just come out and say it.
My mom is being extra petty. She keeps telling me i need to move out her house and if I dont she's gonna get rid of me and she is very capable of doing that but

I stared at the last entry for a long time trying to put it all together. My grandma said that my mom died from drug overdose, I remember everything that she had said to me that day.

Flashback 2 years ago

"Grandma! Momma! I'm home!" I yelled walking around the house looking for my mom.

I found my grandma sitting in her room on her bed crying and I immediately grew worried.

"What happened?'" I asked.

She wiped her eyes and started sobbing. "Your mom, she- she had a drug overdose and I found her in her room dead. I called an ambulance and they said she was gone!" She cried.

"What! No, no she's not gone. She can't be, I saw her this morning she drove me to school.  She was fine!" I yelled tears filling the corners of my eyes.

"I'm sorry Khii"

End flashback

Grandma told me my mom was dead but from the entry its like grandma didn't want her around. I closed the boxes and looked up at the ceiling where the attic was. Grnadma told me not to go up there but I wanted to just finish packing up my mom's room myself rather than watch somebody I didn't like do that.

I pills the attic door down and the stairs unfolded and I walked up the stairs dropping the box surprised by what I saw.

"Momma!" I screamed.