chpt 16

Sammy's P.O.V.
I looked out the window at Deja's car pull out the parking lot and I immediately began to panic. I didn't want to talk about what had just happened. Of course i knew we'd have to talk about it but I didn't want to have that awkward conversation so I opened up Teo's window and climbed out onto the roof sliding down and falling into the thorn bush.

I yelped in pain and ran across the lawn picking thorns out my hair.

Was that the smartest idea? No probably not but it was smarter than kissing my best friend when he was clearly oblivious with some other girl. But don't forget the fact that he kissed ME.

My phone bleeped and I looked at the text from Jazzy.

Jazzy: in the studio bout 2 close up u coming or what?

"Dang it!" I yelled as I walked down the street. I had left all of my songs at Teo's house on the counter and most of those songs were very personal but I texted Jazzy back.

Me : yah I'm headed ova now

Jazzy : ight

Today was the last day I would be able to work with Jazzy in the studio. Tomorrow would be the day of Khii's party and after that Ayo and Teo was gonna go on they national tour but Jazzy and I have been talking bout how Teo probably ain't gonna want to go cuz of Khii and his mom.

I have a lot of thoughts about that situation but I ain't say nothing cuz then Teo gonna get all mad. But y'know what he's doing ain't none of my business so its whateva.

I walked down the sidewalk to the studio and stopped seeing Deja outside talking to Julio. Correction, not talking but flirting. I shook my head this mf.

How she gonna play wit Mateo's feeling like that and then- y' know what lemme stop. I walked into the studio and flopped down in the chair next to Jazzy who just shook his head.

"What?" I half smiled. "You look like you trippin ova a nigga, you betta get yo'self some bandaids"

I rolled my eyes but then busted out laughing. Bandaids can't stitch up a heart just so y'all know.

"Its Teo ain't it?" Jazzy said rhetorically.

Jazzy was honestly like one of my best friends and sometimes he was a better friend to me then Teo was.

"I mean, I guess stuff has been a little off since i found out that Deja was still alive but if Teo wants her then its fine with me. I'm over him" that wasn't exactly a lie.
Over the past few months I had lost feelings for Teo but I still wrote songs about him and still thought about him a lot but i had always told myself it was just a phase I was going through. There was no real feelings there and Teo had made that obvoius today when he had left the room after kissing me.

"Let me tell you something Sam," Jazzy said adjusting the microphones in the sound booth. "Nobody ever gets over anything,  they just adjust to change"

I thought about that for a few minutes and then wrote down the first line that came into my head.

I ain't over you,
I've  just adjusted to the thought of not having you in my arms tonight

I showed Jazzy and he layed down a beat and before I knew it we had a song.

"So what about tour?" I asked an hour later when we finished the song.

Jazzy walked around the studio cleaning up clearly dodging my question. "If Teo wants to stay here then I'm going to let him. He is his own person"

Wow is that really how everybody thought? Thats actually how everybody felt, that oh he can make his own decisions?  Why was nobody on my side?

I left the studio annoyed by everything and saw Deja turning the corner so i raced after her and grabbed her by the neck and she looked at me startled.

"What are your intentions with Teo!" I yelled pushing her to the ground. She raised her eyebrows and smirked. "So your the girl that likes him? Oh, well if you must know my business then I see no reason to tell you the truth" she said acting like a smart allic.
"Theres no intentions I just want him around for Khii" she said standing.

"You know he likes you right?" I said stating the obvious but she just shrugged.

"He left, so he doesn't get to have a second chance" she snickered.

I could feel a wave of energy rush over me and I punched her and she fell back holding her nose.
"If he hadn't brung Khii back then yo stupid ass would still be in the attic so don't forget that" I sneered and walked off.

This chapter was boring. But its just a filler. The next ones will be better.