chpt 9

Khii P.O.V. 

<Time skip>

"Khii get up you got school today" my dad said shaking me awake. I sat up and looked at the clock it was only 7:50 so I still had like 30 more minutes before I had to leave so I picked up my phone and texted Keo. 

Me : Ayee you awake? 

Keo: Ya I'm getting ready but Zoey still sleep 

Me: Cramps? 

Keo: Ion know probably just tired

End conversation.....

Last week my dad came and pretty much saved all of us from the whole Julio situation. He let Jazzy live and we don't know where he went but it doesn't matter because I know he won't be messing with us no more. But my mom and dad got into a fight so she doesn't live with us no more. She took Hope and left. I think she's hanging around Julio now but that's not my business. 

My Uncle Ayo moved out and got his own house down the street with Zoey and Keo and they are all pretty happy but I think they are doing a lot better after the whole Amber situation. But I know how they feel with their mom being dead I mean I was going through that when I was young but at least their older so they can be more mature about it. 

There is a lot I still don't understand like why would Jazzy kill Amber if that was his daughter and why did my mom get wit Julio when my dad really loved her? And why did my grandma kill herself? I mean she was insane but I mean its all still weird but I try not to think about it. If you love something you gotta let it go and I'm just letting go the thought of my mom being with my dad and everything. 

I slipped my shirt over my head and got dressed and headed downstairs. "Aye dad I'll see you after school" I said giving him our secret handshake and then I walked down the street to Keo and Zoey's house. They were both standing outside yelling at each other. 

"YOU FINESSED MY CHIPS!" Zoey yelled throwing pencils and pens at Keo. 

"Well you left them on the counter and issa first come first serve type thing" Keo replied laughing. 

"Ima first come first serve upside ya head thats what ima do" Zoey went to tackle Keo but I pulled her back and she tried to get out my reach but I wouldn't let her. 

I had this same fight with my brother oh my gosh. 

"Dang calm down girl its too early in the morning for that" I said releasing her and she just rolled her eyes. "Where my Uncle at?" I asked looking around for Ayo. 

"He inside wit a girl" Keo said and we both high fived and Zoey looked at us disgusted. "Come on its funny" Keo laughed and Zoey pushed him away and started walking down the street to school. This girl can't take no joke I swear. 

We arrived at school and we all split up. Zoey went to talk to Laci and Keo and I walked down the hallway with each other because we had first period together. 

"When you and Laci gonna get together?" Keo asked and I shrugged. 

"Soon, pretty soon" I said and we sat down in 1st period next to some kid with an afro kind of like mine but shorter. If he trying to look like Teo he gonna have to try harder cuz I'm his twin not some random other kid. 

Keo's P.O.V. 

So we was leaving 1st period and I see Zoey in the hallway standing with some random kid in the hallway and he all up on her with his hand around her waist and everything. I nudged Khii and he looked over in the same direction and his eyes went wide. He always thought of Zoey as his little sister rather then just his cousin so his expression changed real quick. 

We walked over and Zoey glanced at me and turned back to the boy pretending I wasn't there. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to my chest and the boy smirked. 

"So this Ayo's kid right?" he said and Zoey tried to push me away but I didn't let go. "Who is that?" I asked Zoey and she tuned to the boy. 

"Keo this is Nick and Nick this is my brother Keo" she said and the boy shook his head and walked away. 

"Ughh I hate you!" Zoey yelled and she ran away from me. "She don't mean that" Khii told me and I shrugged. I don't really care I mean Zoey is my little sister and what type of brother would I be if I let her mess around with some random guy. But a part of me felt like this was about more than just her being my sister. Much, much more