chpt 21

Teo's P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up and put on some clothes and started rearranging things in the house.
I had started to clean out the room in the back for Khii so he had his own room to sleep in when he came over and after that I had nothing to do for the day.

My friends were on tour, the studio was closed, Sam isn't ready to talk to me so I just sat there on the couch eating fruit loops when my phone rang.

"Hellaw" I answered.

"Teo you dropped tour! Khii told me all about that, and why did you send my son halfway across the world with the two most immature people in the world!"

I rolled my eyes. Does she not realize he's my son too? And he deserves to go see the world I mean he's had it pretty crazy for a while.

"You know Deja I'm busy so ima call ya like *whispers* never" I said and she sighs.

"Eating fruit loops isn't being busy Mateo" she said annoyed.

"How'd you know-"

"Because we dated for years!" She yelled into the phone.

Honestly I'm starting to be a little glad I left. I mean was I really leaving behind anything important? Eh, not really. I mean ya I was leaving behind Khii but I ain't no he existed soooo...

"Oh ya I forgot" I said putting my bowl in the sink. "So what are you doing today?" I asked not that I really cared but I had no one better to talk to.

"Nothing, i was just gonna stay in the house all day"

I smiled.

"Hey do you remmeber that ice cream place we use to go to?" I asked and I could just feel her grin on the other end of the line.

"Of course I remmeber, it was called Munchies right? By the boardwalk down the street from Fun Spot"

"Yeah, lets go today. I'm not doing anything so if you want to then lets go" I said and she immediately answered "yea, lets go"

I walked down the boardwalk and immediately spotted Deja standing outside of Munchies. She looked up from her phone and smiled at me.

Thats what she was wearing, and that's what she looks like too

"Your so short" I laughed hugging her. "Oh so your just gonna make fun of my height like that?" She said playfully rolling her eyes.

I've been making fun of her height forever but I mean she shouldn't mind cuz if she was tall then lets just say Khii wouldn't exist right now.

We walked into Munchies and I ordered our ice cream and played for it and together we walked down the boardwalk.

"You got all the nasty toppings" I said lokking at her cup fillies with gummi bears, cherries, and sprinkles.

She laughed "yeah well I like living on the edge and you are plain"

I shook my head "yeah cuz a plain guy has a thousand dollar house and over a million followers on every social media app you could think of"

Deja looked at me for a while and I peered over throwing her a confused look.

"What?" I said as we took a seat at a table.

She pursed her lips and tilted he head still looking at me. "It's just like your still the same Mateo but somehow everything is different"

I bit the inside of my mouth insure of what to say. "Thats cuz when you met me we were in love and those feelings are gone now."

I guess that's true tho. I had myself started to see Deja differently even tho she was still the same. She was just a Deja without a Mateo.

"Do you remember when we first met?" She asked and I smiled yawning. "You and I met at Munchies when we ordered ice cream and I got yours by accident" I said.

Flashback:

"Dude hurry up and get your stuff my game is about to start" Ayo said tugging on my arm as the barista handed me my cup and Ayo went to get napkins.

"This isn't what i ordered" I said looking at the cup filled with strawberry ice cream and gummi worms.

"I think that's mine" the short girl next to me said. I looked down at her and we switched cups and she smiled dragging her tongue across her teeth.

"Aren't you that kid from school? The one who is always dancing? " she asked and I nodded.

"I'm Teo" I said.

"Deja" she smiled.

"Yo lets go before coach benches me" Ayo said and we headed for the door.

"Oh and Deja" I said turning to look back at her. "Gummi worms and ice cream together are nasty"

End flashback

"Thats why you brought me out here isn't it?" Deja asked and I shrugged. "I wanted to see you and just remember the girl I fell in love with 14 years ago"

She smiled and I could see the sparkles in her eyes. They were still there, after 14 years they were still there.

"Well Teo, here she is"