chpt 4

Keo P.O.V.

Khii and I took off down the street and Julio followed rapidly nearly hitting us as he skidded onto the sidewalk.

"Man what's wrong with him!" I yelled remembering how he pretended he wanted to adopt me just to try to kill me.

"That guy tried to kill me and my dad!" Khii said as we rounded the corner jumping a fence.

We sat in the bushes of a house and I peered over the fence as the car disappeared.  I let out a sigh of relief and we stood up to be greeted with a loud growl.

"Khii please tell me that was you" I whispered and he shook his head and we turned to be face to face with two huge pitbulls.

"Nice dog" I said backing away as my hands trembled. "That thing bigger then the grand canyon" Khii said getting behing me but I pushed him in front of me and then ran.

I took off down the street and then Teo's car swerved in front of me and I got in and Khii came running down the street and got in the passenger seat.

"Is you two crazy?" Teo yelled and I laid my head against the window calming my breathing.

"Were fine" I said and Khii rolled his eyes.

"That dog bit me" he complained and I looked at him holding his "area" and I started laughing.

Teo drove back to the house and we got out and walked inside to see Deja, Ayo, and Hope staring at us.

Well Ayo and Deja were staring but Hope was just sucking her thumb and smiling.

"Wanna tell us where y'all were?" Ayo asked as Khii got a bag of ice and sat down on the couch.

"Nowhere" I mumbled.

"You can't just walk off like that.  What if y'all died and what happened to you?" Teo asked looking at Khii.

I chuckled to myself and Hope flopped down on Khii's lap making him cry out in pain and I laughed louder.

"We went to see a friend" Khii said and Ayo looked at me.

"What friend do you gotta go see at 11 o'clock at night?"

Why they asking me so many questions?  He never seemed to care about me before I mean the guy missed 16 years of my life.

"Don't worry about it" I shrugged and he grabbed me by the collar.

"I asked you a question" he said and I pulled away from him but his grip on my shirt tightened so I punched him and he staggered back.

"Ima kill you for that!" He yelled throwing a barstool across the room. Teo got uo and held him back trying to calm him down.

"Bruh chill thats your son" Teo said and Ayo laughed.

"He can leave I never asked him to come here"

I looked at Ayo unsure of what to say and Teo let him go and Ayo oushed past me going upstairs.

"He didn't mean it" Teo assured me taking Hope upstairs and Khii followed.

I sat down on the couch and sighed. Maybe I should leave. I mean the only reason I came here was for Zoey I really am not concerned about meeting my dad and clearly he isn't concerned with meeting me.

"You okay?" Deja asked sitting down next to me. I shrugged.

"I just want to understand things. Like why did he leave, why is my mom in jail, does he even care? I keep finding myself with all these questions with no answers"

Deja gave me a hug and a sympathetic smile. "He'll explain it to you. I mean Khii went through this too and its all good now. So just give him some time"

Julio P.O.V.

I sat outside Ayo and Teo's house and shook my head.

"Yeah the kid is with his dad" I said and there was a chuckle on the end of the line.

"Just watch the kid's every move. He'll bring us to the girl and then we'll take the whole family out. Make sure its all good"

I nodded "okay Jazzy, i'll talk to you later" I said hanging up.

I'm coming for you Ayo and Teo.
All of you.