Sing Me To Sleep - Romania

Romania x Reader

_______________________________

'Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
I'm tired and I
Want to go to bed
Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep'

Vladimir sat with you on the sand looking out to the sea. "I know it's not the best.... I wanted to give you the world if I could." he voiced softly the words almost dying on his lips. "Vladimir... you've given me everything I could've wanted and more." you responded. You were tired. Your whole body screamed out that it was slowly shutting down to sleep.

'And then leave me alone
Don't try to wake me in the morning
'Cause I will be gone
Don't feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I will feel so glad to go'

You took his face in your hands and kissed him. All of the feelings from you were put into that kiss. "I love you, you know that right?" you asked. He took your hand and pressed against his cheek. He nuzzled the hand and pressed a kiss to your palm. "Of course Princess. I love you too." he murmured softly. You both knew what was happening; the very thing you two were on this beach for.

'Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
I don't want to wake up
On my own anymore
Sing to me (Sing to me)
Sing to me
I don't want to wake up
On my own anymore'

"I don't want to wake up on my own anymore Vlad." you whined feeling your body complain of how tired it is. You were laying against his chest watching the sun start to disappear on the horizon. "You don't have to anymore." he spoke, the words were full of the emotion that he was trying to hide so much. Vlad was always one to do pranks, playfully make faces at you as you were trying to talk. He was never the one to take everything too seriously.

'Don't feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I really want to go'

"Can you sing for me Vlad?" you asked. That soft, tired voice brought a feeling to his chest that he didn't like. He knew it was time. The weight of you as you were falling asleep made him know that it was nearly time. "Of course. Anything for you." he said pressing a kiss to your forehead. "If my life were like a song, happy, sad, nor right or wrong it would be all in the words there. Swim a rivers length to be won't stop till I get there...." he continued the song lulling you to sleep. You knew that deep in the cell of your heart, you really wanted to go. Despite leaving the Romanian behind, this was your decision.

You sleepily watched as he placed a gold band around your finger with a single red gem in the middle of it. "You will be the reason, to start all over again. To start all over again. To start all over again." he finished the song and noticed that you were no longer with him. He held you close to his body and shed tears.

'Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep

There is another world
There is a better world
Well, there must be
there must be'

He picked your body up and made his way into the ocean. Vladimir kept himself going until he was waist deep in the cold water. His whole body ached for you to wake up, to tell him there's a better world. A world where he and you could be together again. A world where there wouldn't be a boundary separating you. There must be.

He looked down at your face. It was as though you were asleep. Peaceful was the only word he could describe this moment. The sound of the waves crashing against the sand, the sound of silence filled his ears. It took all he could not to break down. You were in a better place now.

He took you out of the water deciding for himself what he was going to do. He stood at the cliffs edge, your body in his arms. "Să pot s-o iau de la capăt." he said holding you close and jumping. There was a better world out there somewhere. This one was just with you...

'There is another world
There is a better world'