Hide and Seek - Denmark

Murderer! Denmark x Reader

____________________________

'10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Ready or not here I come'

The accented voice was counting down and you ran as fast as you could away from the house. It didn't help that there was masses upon masses of trees in your way to freedom. He knew every little bit of this woods like the back of his hand. You sat behind an old looking tree that was big enough to cover your position.

"Ready or not! Here I come." he called out. The voice echoed through the forest.

'Let's take a look at this situation
I'm on a hunt for your location
And while you're waiting there
You're getting kind of scared
But, I fall in love with our little flirtation'

You knew the outlook on the situation. Mathias was on a hunt for your location and he was going to get you whether you liked it or not. While you were waiting against this massive tree, you felt yourself start to get scared. This wasn't like your Mathias. The Mathias that used to be there playing with legos and making jokes. Not this one. Not the axe murderer who was hunting for you. Mathias smirked as he made his way through the forest. He knew you were getting kind of scared. Mathias saw this as a game of cat and mouse, flirtatious and thrilling.

Oh how he fell in love with your flirtation.

'Let's make it clear
You see my dear
I'm the best at this game
Because I hear the fear
Thumping in the dark
The beating of your heart
And I can't stand our time apart'

"Let's make it clear shall we?" he called out seeing a large tree up ahead. "Min kære, I'm the best at this game. I hear the fear." Mathias called out again. He heard the low thumping getting louder the closer he got. Oh how your heart was beating in overdrive. Mathias smiled maniacally as he approached the tree. He couldn't stand this time apart from you. It wasn't fair that you had to up and run so quickly. 

'Carmen Sandiego
I found her
Didn't take long for her fear to get louder
(Thumping in the dark, the beating of your heart)'

He had found your friend, Carmen Sandiego, the last to live. It didn't take long as her fear got louder. Loud enough for him to hunt her down and end her. It wasn't as fun as this was. Simply because it wasn't you. 

'Woah oh oh!
Come out, come out
I know where you are
The pounding is so loud from the beat of your heart
It gave you away right from the start
Come out, come out
I know where you are'

"Come out, come out, I know where you are!" shouted Mathias. You were figuring out whether to up and run. This would be easy. You were fast and nimble. The tree would cover your direction. Your heart was pounding. You could hear it beat loudly in your ears. What if he heard it. He must've by how close he sounded. It was now or never. You heard a thump on the other side of the tree. It must've been his axe. He knew where you were. You ran as fast as you could, dodging trees and trying to get away from him.

Mathias grinned as he heard the crack of a twig and the pounding of your heart. He gripped his axe and flung it at the tree. He learned that this cat and mouse game was fun. He could hear you anyway. He knew you had fled. Your heart had given you away right from the start. 

'The sun goes down
As the clock goes round
And the wind starts howling
As the dark surrounds'

The sun was setting and the hands on your watch were going crazy. It wasn't working properly. The wind around you picked up and started howling. It was making your hairs stand on end as you thought about the possibility of him finding you soon. The dark surrounded you as you tried to find your way to the road.

'Things are getting worse
Your body feels the curse
It pulls you deeper down
Until my words begin to slur' 

You thought that things were getting worse. It was like you felt something in the air. What Lukas would call a curse. "I'm coming for you!" came a distant shout. It sounded like it came from all directions but he probably doesn't have the best sight in the dark. This was the only time you could escape. You felt sleepy as you ran to find shelter or a place you could hide for the night. The words that he was shouting seemed to slur as you managed to find a ladder to a tree house. You pulled up the ladder and rested against the wall.

Hopefully he won't find you here. 

'It's here that you find
A fear that you find
That'll make you go insane
If it gets the time
Thumping in the dark
The beating of your heart
I'm going to tear apart'

You found something. It was a fear. You knew from horror movies that this sort of fear, if it had the time to manifest inside you, would make you go insane.

Mathias could hear the thumping in the dark of the forest. He didn't know which way. The beating of your heart was guiding him and he knew that he would just have to tear it apart. 

'Woah oh oh!
Come out, come out
I know where you are
The pounding's so loud from the beat of your heart
It gave you away right from the start
Come out, come out
I know where you are'

He finally heard it getting louder. The beating was getting louder. It was above him. He spotted the outline of a tree house. "Come out, come out I know where you are!" he bellowed making sure that you heard him loud and clear. He was coming for you and he'll get you just the way he wanted. Your heart gave you away right from the start. 

'I know where you are '

"I know where you are." called out Mathias. His voice was almost demonic. He was right below you and it made your blood freeze in your veins. Mathias was right there. He was here to kill you. He'd get what he wanted in the first place. You was going to go through with your plan. You were going to drop down since it wasn't far enough off the ground to hurt you and then you were going to run for it. Mathias was a threat from up close or far away.

His throwing was enough of a threat that if he had you in his sights far away from him, he could still hit you. And up close, the brute was strong enough to over power you easily. "1..2...3...." you said and jumped down. You prepared to run away quickly but an arm wrapped around your waist. 

'Woah oh oh!
Come out, come out
I know where you are
The pounding's so loud from the beat of your heart
It gave you away right from the start
Come out, come out
I know where you are'

"Found you..."