Other Side Of The World - Iceland

Iceland x Australian! Reader

_____________________

'Well your taxi is leaving
And I'm here in the hall
You know I only just kissed you
But it feels like you've already gone
To the other side of the world'

I knew her taxi was leaving. I'm still here in the hall and I only just kissed her goodbye but it feels as though she was already gone. She told me she had to go home. We were residing in Norway at the moment. I could feel my heart already breaking.

'I try to keep it together
Turn my face to the wall
Take the next elevator
But it feels like you've already gone
To the other side of the world'

I couldn't cry over you. I could feel the others' eyes on me. I turned my face to the other wall and walked up the stairs. It already feels like you've gone to the other side of the world (Y/N).

'I know you're leaving you've got plans to make
Don't catch me crying as you walk away
I'm right here
You're out there
Til you're back again
I'll be holding on'

"I know you're leaving (Y/N). You've told me." I retorted to my girlfriend. (Y/N) had plans to make and of course they're back in Australia.

As I watched you walk away, I could feel myself crying. I'm right here in Norway with my brother and brothers friends. And you, (Y/N), are all the way out there on a plane to Australia. Til you're back again, I'll be holding on to you.

'But now I'm left with the silence
On the 25th floor
Above the city and sirens
Cause it feels like you've already gone
To the other side of the world

I know you're leaving you've got plans to make
Don't catch me crying as you walk away
I'm right here
You're out there
Til you're back again
I'll be holding on'

I entered my room on the 25th floor of this hotel in Germany. We've just come from the meeting but all I hear is silence. It's because you're not here with me. You were there but it feels as though you've gone again to the other side of the world. I know we have to leave; you have to leave but don't catch me crying as you walk away.

'I got everything I want but tell me what's the use?
When the one thing that I need has no substitute
So I'd run a thousand miles just to be with you
Just to be with you
Just to be with you'

I had everything I wanted. Friends, a family of me and my brother. A pet. I needed you and there's no substitute for you. I'd run a thousand miles for you. Just to be with you. With you in Australia. I don't care if it's too hot there I'd be with you and that's what really matters.

'You make your way through the traffic
Forty minutes or more
Get to the airport departures
But it feels like you've already gone
To the other side of the world'

You must be making your way through the traffic to the airport. I was talking with you just a minute ago but it feels as though you're gone again. The next meeting was to be hosted in Australia. I'd see you again in 3 weeks time trying not to look at me. I understand completely. You feel so far away from me that it's horrible. 

'I know you're leaving you've got plans to make
But I know I can't just let you walk away
So for wrong
Or for right
I'll be by your side
We'll be holding on'

I know you're leaving. I know I can't let you walk away again. You were back to get the rest of your clothing. "I'll be by your side (Y/N). We'll be holding on to this relationship." I said trying to convince you that the decisions you made months ago was wrong. It was right though we both knew it. I was too accustomed to cold to live in a country like Australia and you were born for the heat. You got too cold. So we had to break it off. I'll see you at the meeting though like always.

'Now my taxi is waiting
Told my friends not to call
Got my suitcase and ticket
By tomorrow you know I'll be gone'

I took one look at you standing there beautifully and thought about it. I'll talk to you but all you did as bring up how sorry you were that you left. My taxi is waiting outside. I sent a message to the group of friends I had. 'Don't call'

I saw you standing there a little way from me watching me as I picked up my suitcase and ticket. You know that by tomorrow I'll be gone. Back to Iceland. I'd be gone away from you like you did to me. I'll be back in the cold like I'm used to by now. I'll be gone...

'To the other side of the world...'