Still Here - Norway

Norway x Reader

_________________________

'Musing through memories,
Losing my grip in the grey.
Numbing the senses,
I feel you slipping away.
Fighting to hold on,
Clinging to just one more day
Love turns to ashes,
With all that I wish I could say.

I'd die to be where you are.
I tried to be where you are
.'

I sat there is his favourite jumper. The fabric was soft on my skin. I was slowly losing my grip on reality in the grey weather all around me. I still sat here though in the field where I had first met him. I felt him slipping away from me. I wanted him to fight to hold on to me. I wanted to fight for him to hold on. I could feel him fighting just to hold on. Clinging to just one more day. One more day to be near me. To be next to me. I knew that love turns to ashes. With all that I wish I could say... It just wasn't enough.

"I'd die to be where you are, I tried to be where you are Lukas but I can't." I said to the empty air. I choked on my tears as I mentioned his name. It was still painful for me.

'Every night, I dream you're still here.
The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear.
When I awake, you'll disappear,
Back to the shadows
With all I hold dear.
I dream you're still here.

I dream you're still here.' 

I woke up from a nightmare that I had. "Shh, Elsker, I'm here." he said to me pressing me closer to his chest. I looked up at him and he was here. I felt so happy. I pressed a hand to his cheek as he kissed me. The ghost of by my side, so perfectly clear. I jolted awake and looked around until I stopped on his side of the bed. When I awake, you'll disappear back to the shadows. You have all I hold dear. I picked up the picture of me and him from the bedside table and traced my fingers over him. "I dream you're still here." I said as if he could hear me. 

'Hidden companion
Phantom be still in my heart
Make me a promise that
Time won't erase us
That we were not lost from the start.

I'd die to be where you are
I tried to be where you are' 

You're my hidden companion Lukas. I still look to see if you're there sitting across from me at breakfast and waiting for the remark you'd make towards Mathias who would comment about us. I put my hand on my heart as if he was in there. Phantom be still in my heart. "Make me a promise Lukas, that time won't erase us. That we were not lost from the start." I said to the air closing my eyes and thinking of you. "I'd die to be where you are Lukas." I murmured. I tried to be where you are not too long ago. 

'Every night, I dream you're still here.
The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear.
When I awake, you'll disappear,
Back to the shadows
With all I hold dear.
I dream you're still here.
I dream you're still here.'

I sat on the swing and I felt something pushing me. I looked to my side and saw you there. The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear. That's what you are Lukas. I awoke in my room and saw that no one was there as always. When I awake you'll disappear into the shadows with all I hold dear. Every night, I dream you're still here. "I dream you're still here Lukas." I sobbed holding onto his pillow. I don't want it to be this way. I don't want you to disappear when I wake up. I want you to be next to me sleeping too. I don't want you gone. 

'I dream you're still here,
Ever slightly out of reach.
I dream you're still here,
But it breaks so easily.
I try to protect you,
I can't let you fade.

I feel you slipping.
I feel you slipping away.'

I dream you're still here Lukas just a little out of reach from me. I dream that you're still here but the dream breaks so easily. I wanted to protect you. I try to protect you from fading away from me. I'm not ready to let you go. I can't let you fade. Every time I try and bring you closer to me, I feel you slipping. I feel your presence slipping away. I can't let that happen my love. I can't let you go away. 

'Every night, I dream you're still here.
The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear.
When I awake, you'll disappear,
Back to the shadows
With all I hold dear.
I dream you're still here.
I dream you're still here.'

I shut my eyes and prepared myself for the dream. I walked around the tree and then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look over and saw Lukas. He held on hand in his and the other was on my waist. We danced round and round until we were floating in the air. The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear. He smiled at me so softly. He was so clear. I pressed myself closer to him to treasure this moment as if we were actually dancing in the snowfall in the air.

"When I awake, you'll disappear. Back to the shadows with all I hold dear." I murmured to the man in front of me. "I'll always be there (Y/N), always. You've just got to remember that I'm in your heart." he said kissing me. I woke up again in the middle of the night and frowned. "I dream you're still here." I murmured into the darkness. 

'I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
Ever slightly out of reach.'

I dream you're still here every night. Ever so slightly out of reach. I can't reach you Lukas. You're not there for me to hug and converse to you until past midnight. You're so out of reach.

'I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)'

I closed my eyes for the last time. "I dream you're still here Lukas. The dream breaks too easily though." I responded to the voice in my head. "It breaks so easily." I repeated softly and let one more breath escape me. 

'(Every night I dream you're still here)
But it breaks so easily.'