Wherever You Are - America

America x Reader

_________________

'For a while we pretended,
That we never had to end it,
But we knew we'd have to say goodbye,
You were crying at the airport,
When they finally closed the plane door,
I could barely hold it all inside'

Alfred knew that you were going to go off to study on the other side of the world. So he pretended for the last few weeks that you never had to end your relationship. "I love you." he said watching as you tried to stop the tears from falling. You never responded. All you did was give him a hug and left him.

Alfred watched from the window as the plane you were boarding closed the door and started to leave. All the tears he was holding in were trying to escape and he could barely hold it in. He wanted to show you that he was strong enough to watch you go without bursting into tears. 

'Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are, you
Wherever you are'

It's been a month and Alfred felt like his heart was torn in two. He knew that he shouldn't tell you because you probably moved on to a different guy. Why after every meeting, after everything he did to try and get rid of the thoughts of you just didn't work. He still thought of you and he couldn't stop. 

'Every night I almost call you
Just to say that it will always be you
Wherever you are'

Alfred looked at the clock on his bedside table and saw that it was almost 10 at night. He scrolled through his phone almost absent-mindedly and stopped on your number. He clicked on it and it came up with so many options. He hovered over the call button. This has been going on every night. He almost calls you but then decided against it. It was only to say that it always would be you. 

'I could fly a thousand oceans
But there's nothing that compares to what we had
And so I'll walk alone
I wish I didn't have to be gone
Maybe you've already moved on
But the truth is I don't want to know'

He could fly anywhere in the world over many oceans but that adventure was nothing compared to what it was like by your side. Alfred made his way to the park but instead of a nice walk through it whilst chatting about how you were doing with your school work, you were gone and he's walking alone. He wished that he didn't have to be gone from your life. He scoffed at a thought. Maybe you'd moved on from him already. Found a guy that was more like you in taste. Alfred didn't want to know. He didn't want to know if you had moved on from what you two had.

'Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are, you
Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are'

He knew he shouldn't tell you a word of his thoughts since it's been a long time since you'd left. He nearly called you to say it would always be you he thought of, loved. Wherever you are he just wanted to be with you but he couldn't. 

'You can say we'll be together someday
But nothing lasts forever
Nothing stays the same
So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are, you
Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you'

He knew that you could've said to him that you'd be together one day but nothing lasts forever like in movies. Nothing ever stayed the same. He was torn in two when you left and he still was and he couldn't stop thinking of you. He wanted to know why he couldn't stop feeling this way. It was unfair to him to feel this way. He almost called you again just say it will always be you. No matter where you were in the world.

'Wherever you are...'