Vanilla Twilight - DenIce

Denmark x Iceland ft OC Søren

______________________

'The stars lean down to kiss you
And I lie awake and miss you
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere
'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
But I'll miss your arms around me
I'd send a postcard to you, dear
'Cause I wish you were here'

I sat on the balcony and looked up at the twinkling stars. I knew how much you liked them Ice. You used to beg me to come watch the Aurora Borealis with you. I never said no. I could never say no to you. My eyes were looking out to the horizon. I liked the picture you posted the other day. It looked like you were inside the Borealis. The stars themselves seemed to lean down and kiss you. All I could do now that you're gone is lie awake. How could I sleep if you're not here. I miss you Ice. I really do.

The atmosphere around me seemed so heavy. Like it was poured over me. I didn't like it. I wanted it to be lighter. My eyes started to close. I'll doze off like I always do after trying to stay up so late. It's safe and sound in this house of mine. It used to be ours until you went away. I miss your arms around me. Keeping me warm inside this cold room. Especially in winter. You're like a furnace. I guess it's all those volcanoes in your country. I'd send a postcard to you, dear. One with puffins on. One that you'd like. How I wish you were here with me Ice.

'I'll watch the night turn light blue
But it's not the same without you 
Because it takes two to whisper quietly 
The silence isn't so bad 
'Till I look at my hands and feel sad 
'Cause the spaces between my fingers 
Are right where yours fit perfectly' 

Sitting outside on the seat made for two, I watch the night turn light blue. Another day without you had just begun. It's never the same without you. Watching the sunrise was more fun with you. We'd whisper about everything we could think of in the early morning. I guess the silence isn't so bad. I looked down away from the sky and at my hands. A sinking feeling of loneliness and sadness tugged at my heart. The spaces between my fingers felt so empty. They were right where your fingers fit perfectly. Like you were made for me. 

'I'll find repose in new ways
Though I haven't slept in two days
'Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone
But drenched in vanilla twilight
I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist deep in thought because when
I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone
I don't feel so alone'

I'll try and find repose in new ways. Like drinking hot chocolate to make me feel sleepy or going back to Denmark to try and get over you. I haven't slept in two days. You would've scolded me if I did that while you were around. I shivered as I felt that cold wave of nostalgia chill me to the bone again. I'll sit on the front porch of the house all night and still be there when a vanilla twilight shows itself. I don't feel as lonely Ice. Not when I think of you. It feels as though I'm waist deep in memories from long ago. Years and years have passed me by. 

'As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight
(Tonight, tonight, tonight...)

I'll think of you tonight'

I feel as though as many times as I blink I'll picture the way we used to be together. I huffed and went inside to eat breakfast and try and get some sleep before tomorrow's meeting where I'll see you again. Until then, I'll think of you tonight.