If You Knew - Denmark

Denmark x Depressed! Reader

Warning: Sensitive scenes ahead, read at own risk

___________________________

'They think you're crazy.
They think you're mad.
They call you stupid, worthless, tell you you're not worth it.'

You ducked your head down and walked through the halls trying not to get noticed. Today was the worst day of your life. You were talking to Mathias, your friend, about your project when these sluts came up to you and called you stupid. They told you that you were worthless and you weren't worth it. You knew that they thought you were crazy and mad just because you acted differently.

'And now you're walkin' back to a place you call home,
But you feel so alone.'

You walked along the pavement in the rain and you scuffed your tattered converse whilst walking. The laces were undone but you didn't care. You were just going home. Whatever that was. You just couldn't help but feel alone. 

'The same hurtful hits, it's your darker place.
In your virgin ears, the remarks they make.'

It was the same as yesterday, the hits you endure from both your parents. They were both as bad as each other. They didn't want you, they wanted a perfect daughter. One to spoil like mad. They made all the remarks they could and your ears just couldn't stop the words from flowing into your brain. Why were your parents like this?

'And if they, if they really knew all of those things.
That you do in your room to hide the pain
I bet their minds would change.
I'll bet their minds would change.'

You ran up to your room once they were done and you tugged off everything down to your underwear. You took your razor and held it to your wrist. Across for the hospital and downwards for the morgue. You did this to hide the pain that you were going through. Nothing else would help. You got a text from Mathias saying that he was coming over. That was sent 10 minutes ago. Your door was opened and you looked up at a shocked Mathias. He said nothing.

He disappeared one moment and came back the next with some bandages. He cleaned your wounds and wrapped the bandage around them. 

'They'd change if they knew the pain.
Change.'

You poured everything out to him and he just listened. "They'd change if they knew the pain." you cried out and finally let out all the tears you held back. Mathias just let you be. He knew that this was a time when speaking wasn't going to do anything. He wrapped his arms around you and brought you into a long and much needed hug. 

' 'Cause I believe in these scars
'Cause I believe.'

You packed up and left that house with Mathias. He placed your things in his room and let you get under the covers. Once he was sure you were asleep, he pressed a feather like kiss on your lips and whispered one thing that he'd tell you any time you needed it. "I believe in you."