Small Bump - England

England x OC x Baby! Reader

___________________________

'You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life,
You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes,
I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can,
But for now you're scan of my unmade plans,
A small bump in four months you're brought to life

I'll whisper quietly, I'll give you nothing but truth,
If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you' 

Arthur held the scan in his hands. He was ecstatic that Madeline was with child. Maddie was holding her child, his child, in her body. The thought of you being left with his hair but her eyes made his gaze soften the more he envisioned the small child growing within his fair maiden. Sure you were just a scan on his unmade plans but he didn't regret a thing. In four months you would be brought to life but for now you were just a small bump. Arthur would whisper quietly and give you nothing but truth. If you weren't inside him he'll put his future in you. 

'You are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
Oh, you are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
And you'll be alright.' 

You were his one and only. You could wrap your fingers around his thumb as he watched you doze off into sleep and dreaming of him and your mother. That moment when you did wrap your tiny fingers around his thumb would be the moment that he knew you'll be alright. 

'Oh, you're just a small bump unknown, you'll grow into your skin.
With a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin.
Finger nails the size of a half grain of rice,
And eyelids closed to be soon opened wide
A small bump, in four months you'll open your eyes

And I'll hold you tightly, I'll tell you nothing but truth
If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you'

You were but a small bump at the moment. Your gender wasn't known but with time you'd grow into your skin. With a smile like your mothers so warm and caring and a dimple beneath your chin. You'd have finger nails the size of a half grain of rice. So tiny. Your eyelids would've been closed but they would be opened wide taking in the world around you. Taking in the image of him, of his darling wife Maddie. Nothing but a small bump but in four months you'd open your eyes. He'd hold you tightly one day telling you nothing but truths. If you weren't inside him he'll just have to put his future in you. 

'You are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
Oh, you are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
And you'll be alright.' 

You were his one and only. You could wrap your little fingers around his thumb. He gaze down at you with loving eyes. One of a proud father. A new Father. One who doesn't quite know what he's doing yet. You are his one and only pride and joy. You could wrap your fingers around his thumb and hold him tight and you would be alright. 

'And you can lie with me,
With your tiny feet
When you're half asleep,
I'll leave you be.
Right in front of me
For a couple weeks
So I can keep you safe.'

Arthur knew that you could lie with him with your tiny feet tucked up. You'd be resting on his chest and when you're half asleep he'd leave you be. Right in front of him for a couple of weeks. So he could keep you safe. Keep you safe from any nightmares or dreams that you'd end up crying about. For those couple of weeks he'd watch over you and watch how peaceful you were.

' 'Cause you are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
You are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
And you'll be alright.'

You are his one and only. The only thing he could think of at the moment. Nothing could compare you to anyone. Nothing would've stopped him from walking away from one of his meetings without arguing with anyone because all that was on his mind was you. You could wrap your fingers around his thumb and hold him tight if you were having a bad dream. You were his one and only child. His one and only baby. You could wrap your fingers round his thumb and hold him tight because that'd be the moment he knew you'll be alright.

He was devastated with the news as he sat there holding his wife as she cried. What went wrong? Everything was going great. Everything was going as planned. All smiles and laughter. The nursery had been painted with pictures of fairies and knights. They had clothes prepared everything was ready. But as he sat there sitting in the rocking chair in the dark of the nursery he felt everything break into two. He just didn't understand what happened. With everything he understood you were far too young to go. Far too young to be taken from life. 

' 'Cause you were just a small bump unborn for four months then torn from life.
Maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware as why.'