Wake Me Up - Denmark

Denmark x Green eyed! Reader

______________________________

'I should ink my skin with your name
And take my passport out again
And just replace it
See I could do without a tan
On my left hand,
Where my fourth finger meets my knuckle
And I should run you a hot bath
And fill it up with bubbles'

Mathias was awake again while you slept. It seemed he had been doing this recently. Staying awake thinking about the two of you and what you meant to him. Mathias had been musing about the idea of a tattoo preferably your name. He should take out his passport again and replace it so he could go on adventures with you. He didn't want a tan when he went abroad. He would accept a tan everywhere but where his fourth finger had met his knuckles. 

Maybe tomorrow after a long day of being on your feet a the local bakery, he should run you a hot bath and fill it with bubbles. He knew how much you loved bubble baths. You claimed they were the most relaxing.

' 'Cause maybe you're lovable
And maybe you're my snowflake
And your eyes turn from green to grey
In the winter I'll hold you in a cold place
And you should never cut your hair
'Cause I love the way you flick it off your shoulder '

You were lovable. Oh so lovable and you were his snowflake. His special snowflake that meant the world to him. Your eyes did this thing in where they liked to turn from green to grey from day to day. In winter he would hold you against him on his seat and put a blanket over the two of you just to keep you warm. He tells you that you shouldn't cut your hair. Long hair suits you and he loved the way you flicked it off of your shoulder when it cascaded there by itself. 

'And you will never know
Just how beautiful you are to me
But maybe I'm just in love
When you wake me up'

Just gazing at you made a smile flicker onto his face. The thoughts never seemed to end while you were there with him. You degraded yourself sometimes and that made him upset that someone as beautiful as you would say that you weren't. You would never know how beautiful you were to Denmark. So beautiful that he often confused you with an angel. Maybe Mathias was just in love when you woke him up in the mornings. 

'And would you ever feel guilty if you did the same to me?
Could you make me a cup of tea to open my eyes in the right way?
And I know you love Shrek
'Cause we've watched it 12 times
But maybe you're hoping for a fairy tale too
And if your DVD breaks today
You should've got a VCR
Because I've never owned a Blue ray, true say'

He often wondered if you would ever feel guilty if he did the same to you. Could you make him a tea or coffee in the morning to open his eyes in the right way. To help him get his day started. He knew you loved Shrek. You'd often talk about how influential it was. That it wasn't prince charming saving the girl from the tower. That the princess turned into an ogre to show that it was't just beauty. He knew that and knew the words by heart. You had watched it 12 times. He counted. Maybe you were hoping for a fairy tale too. If you DVD broke he wouldn't know what to do. You should've got a VCR purely because he had never owned a blue ray. True to say. 

'And now I always been shit at computer games
And your brother always beats me
And if I lost, I'd go across and chuck all the controllers at the TV
And then you'd laugh at me
And be asking me
If I'm gonna be home next week
And then you'd lie with me 'til I fall asleep
And flutter eye lash on my cheek between the sheets'

He knew he wasn't all that good at video games. Your brother, Emil, had always beaten him when playing together. If Mathias lost he'd go and chuck all the controllers at the TV in a fit of childishness. You'd just laugh at his antics though causing him to stop a minute and listen to how cute your laugh was though you hated it so much. You would ask him if he was going to be home the next week and not out with Gilbert and Alfred. Of course he had time for you. All the time in the world actually. Then you'd just lie there talking with him or just there in the silence til he fell asleep. He'd feel the fluttering of your eyelashes against his cheek between the sheets in which you two were under. 

'And you will never know
Just how beautiful you are to me
But maybe I'm just in love
When you wake me up'

He loved how beautiful you were. Shame you'd never know what he saw through his eyes. It was like looking at the most magnificent thing he'd ever laid his eyes on. Even when you had no make up. You looked beautiful to him. Maybe he was just in love when you woke him up.

'And I think you hate the smell of smoke
You always try to get me to stop
But you drink as much as me
And I get drunk a lot
So I'll take you to the beach
And walk along the sand
And I'll make you a heart pendant
With a pebble held in my hand
And I'll carve it like a necklace
So the heart falls where your chest is
And now a piece of me is a piece of the beach
And it falls just where it needs to be
And rests peacefully
So you just need to breathe
To feel my heart against yours now, against yours now'

You got him to stop smoking. It wasn't a habit to begin with. Just the occasional one every 100 years or so. You must've hated the smell of smoke but you drink as much as him. He gets drunk a lot. So on one night he took you to the beach and walked along the sand hand in hand. He swore to himself that he'd make you a heart pendant with a pebble that was grasped in his hand. He'd carve it like a necklace. It would fall just where it needed to be and would rest peacefully there. All you would need to do was just breathe to feel his heart against yours. 

' 'Cause maybe I'm just in love when you wake me up
Or maybe I'm just in love when you wake me up'

He didn't know when he fell asleep but the feeling of kisses all over his face was enough to wake him up. When he saw your face grinning at him like you had won the lottery made his heart flutter. You got up and walked to the door before turning around. "I'll make breakfast. Coffee and pancakes alright?" you had said. He nodded sleepily but once you were gone a smile plastered it's way onto his face. Maybe he fell in love when you had woke him up. 

'Maybe I fell in love when you woke me up'