Sorry - Denmark

Denmark x Ex! Reader

_______________________

Mathias sat in his room. Now this wasn't a big problem. The problem was what lied in his hands. Photographs of him and his ex-girlfriend. All the special memories.

'I've been thinking lately about you and me,
And all the questions left unanswered,
How it all could be.'

Lately you had been on my mind. Thoughts about you and me. What became of that toxic relationship. All those questions you had and the ones that I had from all over the timeline of our relationship. Every single on of them were left unanswered. Thoughts of how it all could be if we just sat down and talked. We could've talked it out Y/N.

'And I hope you know,
You never left my head,
And if I ever let you down,
I'm sorry.

Whoa-oh

Oh NO NO NO!

Whoa-oh'

I laid back and stared at the ceiling while I clutched a picture of you and I to my chest. I really hope you know that you never left my head. Not then, not now and not ever. Never will I forget about you. I know at some times I can be really stupid or make stupid decisions. If I ever let you down in the past, I'm sorry.

'I see you around here lately,
You smile brighter than you should.
And me I've been so lonely,
I'm glad you're doing good.'

"Not even touched your øle." remarked Lukas taking a drink of his own beer. We were at Prussia's party. I had no enjoyment from this party. I used to. Whispers caught my attention. I turned round only to see you and Gilbert dancing together. A smile was on your face. Brighter than you should smile. It was weird seeing that smile.

I hadn't seen it since the first month of our relationship. My head ached from a mixture of the booming bass from the song and the memories that flooded my mind as I watched you. I'm so lonely know that you're gone. I'm glad you're doing good Y/N.

' 'Cause I can't forget,
The way it used to be,
And if I ever let you down,
Well I'm sorry.'

I was finally back in my room while skipping out on the party. Seeing you there, I realised something. I can't forget the way it used to be. We used to stay up til three in the morning just talking about anything that we could think of. If I ever let you down in the past... Well I'm sorry about that. 

'Whoa-oh

No I can't let you go...

And you know that you can take all of me,
I swear I will be better than before,
So sing it back.'

I was surprised when you wanted to talk to me. Turns out you and Gilbert were just friends. I can't let you go. It's like my body needs you. You do know that you can take all of me. You can take me and do as you wish. I leaned in and you mirrored the action. As soon as I was close to kissing you, you pulled away from me.

"We can't do this.." you muttered looking away from me. "Why can't we?" I asked. We can try again. I'm a changed man now. "You know why Mathias." you responded. I caught your wrists in one of my hands.

"I swear on my life Y/N. I swear I will be better than before. I changed!" I exclaimed trying to figure out a way to make you stay. You just looked at me. A blank gaze as if you wanted to hear more.

'Whoa-oh

No I can't let you go

I'm sorry for the things I've done,
Things I've done.'

"Just hear me out please." I murmured feeling the tears burn my eyes. My throat already felt tight before I even began explaining.

"You have 10 minutes." you told me and stood against door. I'm sorry for the things I've done for you to treat me this way.

'I'm sorry for the man I was,
And how I treated you.

I'm sorry for the things I've done,
Things I've done.

I'm sorry for the man I was,
And how I treated you.

Whoa-oh' 

I struggled to find the words knowing that I could have a chance with you. "I'm sorry." I blurted. You didn't look too impressed with that. Some advise from Lukas popped into mind. Always speak from the heart. You're more honest then.

"I'm sorry for the man I was in the past. The man who is a stranger to me now. I'm sorry for how I treated you back then. I didn't realise how much I fucked up until it was too late." I started. My coive cracked and I could feel the hot tears cascading down my face.

"I'm sorry for the thing I've done to make it be like this. The things that tore us apart." I sobbed. A click resounded through the room. You were gone.

You heard my apology and you left me just like that.

'No I can't let you go...

And you know that you can take all of me,
I swear I will be better than before,
So sing it back.

Whoa-oh'

I stared at the wall opposite to me, trying to stop myself from crying. I can't let you go when I know I should. You were just as toxic for me as I was for you. And you know you can take all of me and rip me into shreds. I swear to you that I will be better than before.

What more do you want? "No I can't let you go." I murmured to the air around me.

'No I can't let you go...

I've been thinking lately about you and me,
And all the questions left unanswered,
How it all could be.

And I hope you know,
You never left my head,
And if I ever let you down,

I'm sorry.' 

The pain wouldn't leave me. What did you want? I gave you everything in apology and you just walked away without accepting it.

"I'm sorry."