Be Alright - Denmark x Reader

Song: Be Alright by Dean Lewis

Pairing: Denmark x Reader

_______________________________________

I walked into the room with a bag of pastries and two milkshakes. I knew you'd like something like this after working hard all day. I stopped in my tracks as I saw you standing there, mid pacing. You froze. I saw the redness on the tip of your nose, the tears that fell down your cheeks.

"Is something wrong?" I asked setting down the things I got. "I made a dumb mistake Mathias," you cooed. I reached for your hand that felt cold in mine. You snatched it away. "The cigarettes on the counter yesterday," you started, your voice trembled and I almost pulled you into a hug but I felt something bubble inside me. You were trying to hide something from me.

You looked down and then looked up at me. "They weren't my friend's, they were Alfred's," you confessed. I felt everything break. The perfect life we had, the happiness that you gave to me. I turned round and left. I just left. I couldn't bear this. I felt the colour drain from my face. I know it wasn't just the cigarettes, it's the fact that you kissed him yesterday while I was working. I know that everything was telling me to walk away but I wanted to stay. I loved you and I wanted to stay.

I drove over to Gil's and sat at his with my head in my hands. "I can't believe it. She cheated on me with Al." I mumbled. Gil just sat there trying to form words to say. "Stay here as long as you need," he murmured before walking off to order some food.

I felt betrayed. Days turned into weeks and I finally reached for the phone. "Hey, I know you still love her but put the phone away," said Gil placing a beer in front of me. "I know it's hard to walk away from all of this. Especially since you were so involved with her and since Al let her," he continued. I huffed.

"I should've known she'd moved on from me because her eyes didn't shine when I touched her face. She felt distant." I responded. I felt lost. I looked through all the messages you had sent me. All full of love and wanting a future with me. Was that a lie? I pressed delete and suddenly it was all gone just like your love.

"I know you love her, but it's over mate, put the phone away and let her go. Nothing heals like time and no one can take away the love you're born to find," he comforted me like a good friend but then I realised, he knew about the feeling of betrayal, no one wanted to date him and when they did they cheated on him. One even used him to get to his brother.

He smiled sadly at me. "It'll hurt for a bit of time but you'll find another and you'll be alright. Besides bottoms up and we'll forget tonight," he cheered before downing his drink.

I took a swig and looked down at the carpet. It'll be alright won't it? "Nothing heals the past like time," I whispered to myself before following suit and drinking til my hearts content.

"Let her go, it'll be alright," Gil murmured to me before he passed out.

I just smiled painfully at the now passed out German....

I know.