Chapter 3 🥀: Bussin' Down

Mariah's POV
*
I sat in my room for a while. I didn't wanna see them.

They lied to me for years, they never told me that my daddy wasn't really dead.

My daddy is alive.

A light tap at the door snatched me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." My brother tip toed in my room, shutting the door behind him.

"I know you upset--"

"Nawl, I ain't upset. I just found out my daddy is alive and all that grief I went through was just for some bullshit. I'm not upset, Mark. I'm fucking pissed."

"Just listen. Daddy gone come through tonight, and talk to you. Before he come, mama want you to go to the store for her." He handed me the keys, her card, and a list.

"Look, shit get crazy out here. Keep this on ya." He pulled a gun from the waistline of his pants. I said nothing, taking the gun. I looked up at him with sad eyes.

"It's gone get better. I'm sorry I put you through this, Riah." He kissed my forehead and got up, walking out of my room. I get my purse and put everything in it, walking out to the car.

"How am I supposed to know where the store is?" I mumbled, turning my nose up. I rode down the street, making turns until I pulled up on a small store. There was a couple of niggas standing at the front of the parking lot.

"Ya feel me--" Their conversation stopped when I got out of the car with my purse. They looked familiar, but I didn't wanna look them in their faces.

I'm shy as hell.

"Say, ma--" Gunshots filled the air and I jumped.

"Shit, hit the floor, lil mama!" One of them say as a blacked out car rolled up with niggas hanging out the window. Somebody pulled me towards them. I ducked, the shots flying through the store window. I pulled out my gun and started shootin' like everybody else was. A dude in the backseat was hit in the shoulder. The car sped off as the dude let me go.

"Damn, them niggas can't aim for shit." I grumble, making everybody look at me with weird looks. The dude that grabbed me was the first to laugh, everybody else followed.

"Damn, girl, you hard as fuck. What hood you from? You didn't even blink before pullin' out tha burna'!" His all too familiar accent filled the air as he breathed out. All of the watched interviews, videos, and albums I bumped to, and I had finally seen him in person.

NBA Youngboy.

I tried to act cool, like I didn't know him at all.

"I ain't from around here, I'm from the A. Duluth, ya feel me?" I asked, realizing I still had my gun out, quickly putting it up. I looked back to the store, which had a broken window, and bullet holes through the ice freezer. I opened the door to see that nobody was roaming the aisles. I didn't even spot a cashier.

"Damn, this store always this empty?"

"Hell yeah, don't nobody really come outchea' unless they want some candy or sum. It ain't nothin' but two cashiers; Ling Ling and Stewart." I looked at Ben, furrowing my eyebrows.

"For real?" He opened his mouth to say something else, but was cut off by shuffling behind the counter. The cashier stood up, dusting himself off.

"My name ain't Stewart, it's Ansel. Ben always clowning me 'cause I'm the only white boy on the block." Ben did a little handshake with Ansel.

"You know I gotta fuck witcha, white boy." He said, stepping back.

"Then what's Ling Ling's real name?"

"We can't say it, so we just call her Lee." On cue, Lee stumbles out of the back room, speaking another language. She started waving a shot gun around, yelling.

"Oh, shit! Lee! They gone, now!"

"Damnit, I'm gonna shoot you, fools!"

"Woah, woah! It's okay, Lee. Calm down." Ansel took the shotgun away from the older woman.

"Why don't you just come inside the store? So they won't see you and shoot at you?" They said nothing, and I sighed.

"We gone pay for the windows, Lee." She closed her eyes and exhaled.

"It's not about the windows, boy!"

"I just don't want anybody getting shot--" She gestured to me.

"I finally get a new costumer, and the first time she comes, she gets shot at." She grumbles, turning around.

"It's okay, Miss Lee. I've been shot at before. They don't scare me away." I reassured her. She gave me a weak smile, and walked to the back of the store once more.

"Well, I came to buy some groceries." I say, walking away.

Man, my life is crazy as hell.

The boys all pile up behind me, following me throughout the store. I got everything on the list, and approached the front of the store. I put all of my items on the belt. Ansel rang it up and gave me the total. I paid, pushing the groceries out of the store.

"We'll help you." Kd stepped up.

"I got it,--" They cut me off, putting the bags in my trunk. Beenie bumped the hell out of Kentrell.

"Say, lil mama, we ain't catch a name." He said lowly.

"Mariah." I simply said, before getting into my car.

"By the way, I'm a big fan." I gave a little smirk, shutting the door and pulling off. Something told me that wasn't the last time I'd talk to them. I'm good with that.