Chapter 17 🥀: Vice Versa

Mariah's POV
*
I opened my eyes when I heard my bedroom door open and close.

"Keisha, I don't feel like--"

"YB just called me." I sat up, scrunching my face up at Marcus.

"And I care?"

"Nigga said Malu claimed you DMed her on some stupid shit last night." I sucked my teeth.

"Why would I do that? That's pointless. So what she claim I say?"

"That you was gone bust a cap in her ass or some'." I blinked at him. He just shrugged.

"Do that sound like some shit I'd say? Over text? Or, period?" He shrugged again.

"I just listened, then I hung up on his ass when he started talkin' reckless." I laughed at him.

"You ain't shit." I giggled as he went out of my room. I got ready for my day, checking in on Keisha. She was sniffling, the bitch caught a summer cold. I left and went to Kentrell's house, going to see Shay. She asked me to come over again today. I pull up, and they were all sitting on the porch. I got out of the car, pulling my shorts down a little.

"Hey, y'all!" I greet. Everybody except YB and Malu greeted back. YB was mugging me, and Malu was smirking. I scrunched my face up at him, but then remember the lie Malu told him.

"Shay still outchea?" I asked no one in particular.

"She in her room, waiting on you." I heard Ben say. I gave him a thumbs up, walking through the threshold.

"Hey, ma!" I greet her as she sat on the sofa.

"Hey, baby!" She smiled back. I walked to Shay's room, knocking on the door.

"Come in." I hear a muffled voice from the other side. I closed the door behind me.

"Girl, you ain't gotta knock, I don't ever be hiding shit."

"Coo'." I nodded, smiling. I sat on her bed as she put her hoops in.

"What's ya plan, boo?" I ask.

"I need to get out the house. I just wanna hang." She put her other one in.

"Okay, you ready?" We went back to the front door, saying bye.

"Aye, Mariah."

"Hm?" I spun around as YB got up.

"I heard you was makin' threats on the Gram last night." When I tell y'all I made the hardest face, I'm so surprised I didn't get stuck.

"And...who told you that bullshit?" I roll my wrist, signaling him to keep going.

"My girl." He gestured to Malu. Everybody sucked their teeth, except me. I busted out laughing.

"W-wait. Hol' up, lemme catch my breath. So--so what exactly did I say, Malu? 'Cause what I remember, is that I was on DND all night, boo." She looked at him.

"She said you said you was gon' bust a cap in her ass." Everybody in the yard started laughing, except for the power couple. I wiped an imaginary tear from my face.

"And that sounds like something I said? Screenshots, please?"

"Yo, stop clowning my girl." He said, stepping closer. I rolled my neck.

"Tell ya girl to stop clowning herself." I stepped up and raised up.

"Why would I take time out of my sleep, out of my life, to message your girlfriend?"

" 'Cause you insecure." This time, I even heard Mama laughing loudly.

"Insecure for? No Beyoncé intended," I stepped up closer.

"I can find another you, in a minute, ha, baby." I sang the first part, then dropped my tone. He looked like he was filled with rage. I heard a bunch of "Ooouuuu"'s.

"You look like you wanna fight. Hit me, then. Imma either come back wit' a right hook, or a bullet, bitch." I stepped closer. He mushed my head lightly, turning around and walking back. I smirked, looking at Shay. We started walking to my car.

"Don't hit me or my girl's line no mo'." I laughed again.

"Mama, excuse my language, but KISS MY FAT, BLACK ASS, YOUNGBOY." I say, squatting, then coming back up, slapping it. We continued to walk to the car. Everybody was going crazy.

"L!" I heard Beenie chant. I got in the car with Shay, speeding off.

"Let's go get our nails done." I say to her, smiling. I pull up to a nearby shop that I had been hearing about. I started to talk as soon as we got seated side by side.

"Before I met your brother, I was a huge fan. I used to sit until early hours going through fan pages, looking at interviews, listening to every song that I missed, the whole fan experience." I laughed when she scrunched her face up.

"But one thing I really dreamed of? Was seeing him perform. In person. Like, I just hoped that I could run into him in the street whenever he would come perform in the A. Then, when I came here, every little dream that I had, reality topped that." She was listening intently.

"I was his friend, I was hanging out--Hell, if I asked him, he would perform in my living room. That's how cool we are--were. We obviously liked each other, ion know why we was just playin' 'round, but we was just rockin'. Then I found out he got wit' the lil' Spanish chick while I was in the coma. At first I was real life cool, 'cause I'm not insecure, and I knew they wasn't dating to marry. Then he started checking me about her. I had to check her, 'cause she got bold enough to call me a bitch while we was in Florida. Ben recorded the shit, 'cause he thought I was gon' swing. But, nah, scared her straight without layin' a hand or foot on that hoe. I'll show you the video later. Anyway, I just felt hit, 'cause he was coming at me about a female that had been at me even before we met each other in person. A bitch took a two month nap and woke up to the hoe in my mentions, dogging me about being in a coma."

"For real? I hate that lil' girl. She just think she the shit, like I already know yeen know my brother until a couple of days before you started dating him, you can chill now, boo." I let out a laugh.

"You know, he still loves you, right?" I scoffed.

"I'm serious. He don't look at her the way he look at you. And you know when y'all was standing toe to toe, before you told him to hit you?" I nodded.

"I know my brother like the back of my hand. I looked in his eyes. He was looking all hard and shit, but he was sad. He ain't want beef with you." I sucked my teeth.

"He came for me."

"I know." We shifted the subject until we got done and paid.

"Yo lil brother at home?"

"Girl, yeah."

"Tell him get ready, I'm gone go pick him up." I drove to Shay's house. The crew was still on the porch, but Ken wasn't. I sucked my teeth, getting out.

"What y'all got going on?" Beenie asked as YB mugged me.

"I'm bout to take Ken and Shay out to eat."

"Nigga, that's my brother and sister." Shay mugged him.

"And that's my friend."

"Vice versa." Ken stepped out of the doorway, looking fresh.

"Hater." I mumbled as he mugged me harder. We walked off to the car, getting in.

"So, where y'all tryna eat at? On me." I asked as we drove off.