Chapter 55 🥀: Instinct

Mariah Williams 💫

"Brianna, come on babe. No baby, don't touch that. Come grab my hand, thank you." Bri was having one of her off days, her attention span was cut short, and she was constantly tripping over things. We even spent an hour trying to find her glasses, and she hardly ever loses them.

"We goin' to see ya mama, today! You ready?" She smiled hard, nodding. Marcus wanted to surprise her, but he had a last minute job, so I offered to take her. Beyonca had finally gotten to a point where she wasn't screaming or crying, and she was stable enough for her daughter to see. She tugged on my shirt before I knock on the door. I turned around, giving her my attention. I squatted down to her level.

"Is mommy still hurt?" I bit my lip.

"A little bit, baby. But she's healin'."

"Is the baby here yet?" My eyes widened.

"B-baby?" I sighed, looking around.

"Mommy said she's having a baby. She said she hopes it won't be wataded like me. What does that mean?" I stood up slowly, clenching my fists in anger.

"Retarded?" She nodded. What kinda crack head bitch--

"Auntie, why are you crying?" I looked at her, and wiped the tear away quickly.

"Nothing. Come on." I knocked on the door and heard 'Come in!'.

"Hey hey!" I put on a fake smile, letting Bri go in first. Beyonca looked up, mugging me.

"Who the hell are you? Why did you bring her here? WHY DID YOU BRING HER HERE?" We both jumped back as she spazzed out.

"GET OUT!" She screamed multiple times, upsetting Brianna.

"Mommy, I missed you." She tried to reason, her voice shaky. She ignored her.

"Come on, Bri." I pulled her hand a little.

"Mommy, please!" She said louder, running up to her.

"GO!" She screamed back, shoving her hard enough to make her stumble back. I grabbed her and stormed out of the room as she sobbed. She was quiet the whole ride to Marc's house. His car was in the yard, so we hopped out and went in.

"BIG MARC!" I yelled.

"KITCHEN!" He yelled back. I sighed as I walked through the threshold.

"Wassup ugly, hey princess! What's wrong, baby?" He picked her up.

"Mommy didn't wanna see me." She said softly, breaking my heart. He sighed, closing his eyes.

"Well...mommy is very sad right now. She's hurt, and she might not have wanted you to see her hurt, okay? That was my fault, I shoulda asked for permission before I sent you and your auntie up there." He looked up at me. She still didn't look convinced. For a four year old with FAS, she was pretty bullshit intolerant.

"We gon' talk 'bout it later, okay? Go play." He kissed her cheek and she skipped off.

"So, I was thinkin', I was gon' wait 'til she got released and hide her out--"

"Look, I know I said we need to go for that nigga head. I know she don't deserve what she's goin' through-- nobody does--but she just pissed me off. Like, for real. First of all, she told her own daughter that she hope she next baby ain't as retarded as her, who the fuck does that?"

"She told her that?" He had a stank look on his face.

"Ya daughter told me she did." His face softened.