Chapter 80 🥀: Baby Doctor

Mariah Williams 💫

We both rushed around the apartment, ripping and running to see if she was just hiding. I flew to the elevator and then outside. It was cool outside, and I had on a tank top and shorts, but I really didn't notice. I ran to my car and struggled to unlock before I heard somebody call my name. I spun around to see Brianna skipping towards me.

"Bri, what the hell! What did I tell you about goin' somewhea' n not tellin' anybody?" I raised my voice and grabbed her arms.

"Chill, I just took her down da street to get some chips." He said, offering me one from his bag.

"Gimme this shit!" I squealed, snatching them. He looked surprised.

"Why is you so mad?" I see Ken step up in the corner of my eye, bouncing Tay.

"You didn't tell me where you was goin!"

"I'm a grown ass man! If I wanna take my kid to the store, I can take my damn kid to the store!"

"You don't get it! You just don't get it! I don't trust you with her!" I told the straight truth, making him look hurt. I felt bad, so a stepped back a little bit. He sucked his teeth and walked past me. I turned around and saw him walk past the building. I roll my eyes and grabbed Bri's hand, pulling her inside to get ready for school. She was quiet most of the time, only speaking when spoken to. I sighed and decided to ask her about it later.
*

"Brianna, stop." I say as she pokes my stomach for the fourteenth time in 30 seconds.

"Do you think there's a baby in there?" I furrowed my eyebrows and turned slowly to her.

"Girl, hush. Ain't no baby." Was all I could think to say, shaking my head. Kentrell started shifting like hell beside me.

"Can you stop movin'?" I snapped, getting annoyed. He held off but started again not too long after. I just sucked my teeth and got up.

"Hey, Auntie?"

"Yeah?" I walked into the kitchen.

"I had a crazy dream last night. You was in it...Daddy was in it...Ken was in it...and Jesus."

"Jesus?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

Please don't say no reckless shit.

"Yeah, we were all at the mall, and it was a good day!"

"Us...and Jesus?" She shook her head.

"Jesus came at the end. He told me to tell you that he loves us verrrryy much, and you gotta surprise!"

"A surprise? What kind of surprise?" It felt like I could feel my blood pressure rising.

"I don't know...He wouldn't tell me. I'm hungry." Lawd, this girl and her attention span. I fixed her something to eat, then went back to sit down. I rolled my eyes at my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Is Brianna there?" A child like voice asked. I was about to tell them yes, but decided against it. What five year old memorize a phone number? Brianna ain't even got my damn number...

"Who is this?" There was a short pause.

"Vanessa."

"Hi Vanessa, I don't know a Brianna." I lied.

"Grammy, she said she don't know a Brianna."

"Girl, shut up!" I heard her grandma whisper. What the fuck?

"Vanessa, what's yo last name?" I ask sweetly.

"Adkins." She said back. I couldn't do anything but snicker. That was Brianna's last name.

"Okay baby, bye!"

"Bye!"

"No!" I hung up and blocked the number. This old ass lady trying to set my niece. I told Ken what happened, laughing.

"Man, you might need to put extra eyes on her, for real." He said seriously. I nodded, shifting in my seat. I wondered what she wanted so bad with her. She already had the damn insurance money, what's the point of stressing? I just about threw my phone when it rang again, but I calmed down when I saw it was Gianna.

"Hello?" She asked softly.

"Hey, wassup ma?"

"Coolin', but can you take me to my appointment?"

"Yeah, what time and where at?" When she told me, i left right after.
*

"Man, you childish." I laughed as Gigi squirmed on the table as the doctor put the gel on her stomach.

"Man, i's cold." She whined, laughing. The screen lit up, and you could hear the baby's heartbeat. That shit sounded hella weird. She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Sounds good...would you like to know the sexes?" Me and her paused.

"Sex—es? Like—more than one?"

"Yes ma'am, you're having twins! Were you not aware?"

"No." She put a hand on her forehead. She asked for the sexes.

"Boy and a girl, congratulations!"

"Thank you!" She breathes out, looking at me worriedly. When we got done, we were going down the road to sit at my house for a little while. She sighed, spaced out.

"You know, babies know when you feelin' bad and stuff." She nodded.

"You know, Imma love my babies even when ain't nomo love left in me, but how imma do this? I'm seventeen, ion know if they Daddy a madman or a silly ass nigga, ian even got a good job yet." She looked like she was on the brink of crying.

"Baby, you already know ya family gotchu. Anythang ya need, ring my line. Papa probably gon' flip, but he still gon' make sure you straight. You already know you got that damn touch with hair, all I gotta do is advertise ya and you makin' triple in an hour what I'm makin' at this damn restaurant monthly." She laughed, hitting me in the arm.

"You play so much...thank you, sis." She said softly.

"You welcome, sis." I said back, patting her hand. We pulled back up to the crib, and she stopped me.

"I think imma tell em today." She nodded towards the gang's cars. It looked like everybody was over here.

"How you gon' say it?" She took off her jacket, revealing the thin shirt she had on. Her belly was sticking out far, making it hard to believe her jacket covered it. We went up and finally got to the door.

"You ready?" She gave me a thumbs up and smiled. I unlocked the door, and everybody greeted up. She finally stepped from where she was behind me, sitting on the couch. Everybody except me and Ken were staring at her wide eyed.

"So we just not finna address this?" Ben seemed more confused with anybody. Kd was looking scared. Gigi sighed and sat up, putting her phone down.

"Yes, I'm pregnant. No, I'm not playing a game." She lifted her shirt up and ran a hand over her belly.

"Before you ask, I'm having a boy and a girl. YES—I am havin' twins." I gasped when Kd passed out. Everybody rushed to his side as I tried to hide my laughter. All I wondered was how he was gonna act when he realized that Gigi knew he could be the father.
__________________

This shit long af 🤦🏾‍♀️

Thank y'all for 92.5k 💕 (might have a surprise for ~some~ of y'all tonight)

Comment & Vote 💚💛