Chapter 16 🥀: Walmart Run

Mariah's POV
*
"Ben, stop playin'!" I hit him in the chest as he held the last bottle of soy sauce out of my reach. I decided to cook some shrimp fried rice. Everybody except for Keisha had ran off, talking about drinks or something.

"Say I'm daddy." I sucked my teeth.

"I'm daddy." I smirked, jumping up at the sauce.

"Oh, you got jokes, huh?" I jumped again.

"Just say Ben 10 the most sexiest nigga on the planet."

"Nigga--Ben 10 is the most sexist nigga on the planet." I batted my eyelashes and twisted my body like a little kid. He put the soy sauce in a buggy, and I slapped the back of his head.

"Damn, she slapped you hard as shit." Beenie said, coming around the corner, followed by the other three.

"Okay, I think I got everything. Let's go."

"Wait, I gotta go get some condoms. Come on." We mugged YB.

"Um, I'm going to go pay for my shit. I'll meet y'all in the car." I go to the nearest cashier.

"How are you?"

"Good." I said softly, getting my wallet out as he rang my stuff up. I noticed time he thought I wasn't looking, he was looking at me. He was a cute light skinned boy, with green eyes and braces. I guess I had a stupid look on my face, 'cause he laughed at me.

"My bad, you just fine as hell and look real familiar." I laughed a little, introducing myself.

"Hey Mariah, I'm Darren. You friends with NBA Youngboy 'nem, right?"

"Yep." I sigh, smiling.

"Tell him I said Imma big fan. $35.97."

"I will." I looked him up and down.

"Dm me on Instagram later, though." I boosted. I saw a blush creep on his cheeks and smirked. He nodded, handing me my change and receipt. As if on cue, Beenie, Kd, and Ben scooped up my bags. YB paid for his shit as we walked off. I twisted my hips a little as I walked off. I looked back and saw that Darren was staring at me, and YB was side eyeing me. I smirked at Darren, turning back around.

"Suh got the sauce!" Ben said loudly once we got out of the store. I laughed a little, blushing. We finally got back to the apartment. The boys helped me carry the stuff in, and by help, I mean they carried it all after I threatened them. Keisha and I walked in front. I unlocked the door, opening it.

"Girl, then he said--gotta go!" My brother was standing directly in the doorway, arms folded. He grabbed both of us and pulled us in Keisha's bedroom. I heard a chorus of "Oouuu!", like when your name is called to the principal's office. Mark pushed us in and slammed the door.

"So we posting twerking videos now?" I sighed, rolling my eyes. Keisha just looked at him like she wanted to eat him alive.

"Damn, guess I'm talkin' to my damn self!"

"Man, I wasn't dancin' to be posted. I was feelin' the music!" He chuckled.

"The music made that shit worse!"

"Marcus, it ain't even a big deal, she deleted it."

"I don't care! What if she deleted it too late? It should not have been on Snapchat." He clapped, eyeing Keisha. She bit her lip.

"Why you post it? Who all viewed it?"

"You, the boys, and that's it." She muttered, sitting up.

"I fought one of my homies 'cause he said some sideways shit. Talm bout some 'Ghide damn lil' Will, yeen tell me ya sister was a lil freak. Send her my way, she can make some money.' Mind you, this nigga is a pimp in training, dawg."