Chapter 11 🥀: Don't Take Her

I know it's a duplicate chapter, skip this ❤️ (too lazy to change the chapter #'s 💀)
Marcus' POV
*
(A month and a half later)
"I'll be down there inna minute." Mama said, sounding dry. Mariah been in a coma going on two months now. They real life think she brain dead. Shit's crazy.

"Tell the doctor to get the papers ready."

"Papers?"

"Yeah, boy, you hard at hearing?"

"Tell me what papers so I can tell the doctor." I looked at him as we stood in the hallway.

"The papers I need to sign so they can take her off life support."

"You playin'. Mama, you can't sign her life away."

"Marcus, what the fuck you think she gon' do without her brain? She did that shit to herself. She not 'bouta spend all my money laid up in a bed, basically dead. I'm 'bout to sign these papers, get this insurance money, and keep it pushin'."

"And you see ya' only daughter as just that? Oh, okay." I hung up the phone. I looked at the doctor.

"She wants the life support termination papers." He nodded, walking away. I leaned back on the wall, positioning my head to look at the ceiling. I was alone, it was quiet. I felt a hot tear come down my face. I stood there for a long ass time before I realized I was sobbing, but quiet.

God, I know I never pray, but don't let them take my sister.

I said a lil' prayer, before I walked back into the hospital room. Everybody was looking sad, scattered around the room. They all looked up at me.

"Damn, nigga, you look tore up!" I ignored Dee, my best friend.

"They pulling her plug when mama get here to sign the papers." I said blankly.

"What?" Everybody started talking and yelling over each other. I just took a seat and put my head in my hands.
____________
Mariah's POV
*
Boy, I got a mean ass headache.

I blinked slow, a bright light blocking my sight. Everything was quiet.

"Fuck!" I heard myself say. I heard a bunch of screaming and blubbering. It sounded like I was in water. The bright light was still in my eyes, so I closed them. I felt myself drift back to sleep.
*
I blinked my eyes open, this time seeing blurs of people. They weren't looking at me. I blinked one more time, my sight came back. A lot of my friends lined the wall in front of me, crying or looking sad.

"What y'all cry baby asses wimperin' 'bout?" Everybody snapped their head towards me, running to my side. I tried to sit up, groaning in pain.

"Don't move too much." I heard Marcus say, grabbing my hand. I was about to sass him, but I looked at him, and my heart broke. His eyes were red, I could see the dry tear marks on his face. His face was swollen.

"What--what happened to you?" I asked. Everybody bursted out laughing, but I was deadass.

"Naw, y'all she fareal." I heard Kentrell speak. I looked over and scanned his appearance. His eyes were a little swollen. I nodded at him.

"You scared the hell outta me, that's what happened." I had never seen Marcus cry after he was seven. I turned my nose up.

"What I do?" I gasped, cutting him off.

"Keisha, did you buy the tickets for that movie that was coming out today?" She blinked at me.

"What movie?"

"Keke, we bought tickets for it yesterday before I left to talk to mama 'nem." I said. She looked down, wiping a tear out of her eye.

"That...wasn't yesterday, Mariah. That was two months ago." I sucked my teeth.