Chapter 86 🥀: If It Aint One Thing...

Mariah Williams 💫

"Hey, I'm takin' Gianna some to eat, you tryna slide?" I ask Ken as I grab my keys.

"Nah, I'm straight." I nodded and looked at him. He had his head all in that damn phone. I walked on his side of the bed and snatched his phone.

"Who the fuck got yo damn attention all the time?" He sucked his teeth as I sat on the bed.

"Man, watch out. Yeen een havta snatch it like that." His voice came out sounding tired and shit.

"Yeen gon' find shit—"

"Why the fuck you back and forth witcho ex, bro?" I said, referring to Delecia who was lighting the fuck outta his notifications.

"It ain't een nun major, We'on got feelin's."

"Bro, you cannot speak for ha! Why y'all got so much to talk about?"

"It ain't shit but stuff bout Draco and old shit."

"So, how would you feel if I go and text Zay on some 'oLd ShIt'?"

"Mane, ill kill you and that nigga." He popped my thigh. I sucked my teeth.

"Nah, since we hittin' up exes wit memories. Imma hit Zay up and be like 'Oh, you remeba da time you ate my pussy?'." He pushed me back and I wasn't expecting it, so I fell back and dropped his phone on the bed.

"Stop fuckin' playin wimme." He put something on the side of my head.

"So you really finna kill yo pregnant girlfriend?" I joked. He laughed, showing his grills.

"Nah, But you fuckin' trippin', don't remind no nigga of memories bout my pussy." He put the gun back out of sight.

"Don't be remindin' no bitch of memories bout my dick, fuck?" I stank faced him. He sucked his teeth and kissed my lips.

"Now you know ian givin' no bitch memories." He mumbled.

"Y'all fucked, issa memory."

"Ian got feelin's fa ha. Ion wanna wife ha. I got feelin's fa you, shawty. You make me feel different, mane. I real life love you, Mariah. Them facts." He said softly.

"Awww, I love you too! So we not textin other bitches that we went wit', right?" He grabbed his phone.

"Blocked. You not textin' niggas that ate you out?"

"Bitch, I don't even fuck wit Zay."

"Good." He leaned down and kissed me again.

"Now get offa me, you heavy as fuck." He sucked his teeth.

"I'm tryna fuck."

"Oh, so you said allat that just to get some? Damn, that's deep." I was joking, but his eyes got wide.

"No no no, baby I was fareal—"

"I'm playin, pooh, damn. I gotta go get Gigi some to eaaattt!" He got up and sighed.

"Where the fuck Jalen at? Blue? Kd?"

"Ion know." I get up and grab my keys off the bed, getting ready to go. Kentrell got up and sulked behind me.
*

"Bitch, y'all think the mail done came yet?" Gianna asked, sitting up a little. Jalen was too into Jayden to notice her question.

"It shoulda already came. Whatchu lookin fa?"

"You gone see. Jalen—JALEN!" I'm surprised she didn't scare Jayda.

"Huh?" He came out of his daze.

"Check the mailbox." He usual protested, but he just handed Jayden to me and walked out the door. He came back two minutes later, giving her the mail and taking Jayden back.

"These Kd babies." Jalen said, still looking at the baby.

"Ion know, even though ion like that fucka', I low key think they Quint's."

"Oh, shit! They here, call Kd fa me?" She tapped on her phone and put it up to her ear.

"Getcho long head ass over here—see, this why I don't fuck witcha now.—Okay, dumbass. Can't fuckin' stand him." She said when she hung up. Twenty minutes later, Kd showed up with Ben, Boomer, and Three. Quint showed up right after.

"Damn, we havin' a damn party now? It don't even matta." She waved us off and grabbed the letter.

"Oh shit, you got it?" Everybody looked at each other. She nodded, opening it. She unfolded it as everybody stared her down.

"Kd..." she started sadly, making my heart break. Kd sighed right along with her.

"Their birth certificates in the folder over there. Run over to the courthouse and change their last name." Her mood flipped, making everybody else's flipped. Quint stormed out, Kd was smiling hard as hell, Ben and Trell was mugging Boomer and Three was laughing.

"Wassup witchall?"

"Gimme the money, bitch ass niggas!" Boomer held his hand out. Three had his hand out, too. They threw money in their laps.

"Y'all bet on my kids?" Kd was trying to be serious, and so was Gigi. He busted out laughing. Gigi did too, scooting up to put Jayda in his arms. He was speaking kind of low, but I heard something as I got my happy ass up to go raid the kitchen.

"...I'm tryna change yo last name, too."
*

Kentrell Gaulden ⚡️

We had went back home and chilled until we were sleepy. I woke up and turned to look at my phone. It was 3:05. I made a face at the wet spot I put my hand in. I got up and turned on the lights, figuring Brianna was in the bed for some reason. I switched the light on and looked at my hand. It was streaked with red. I turned quickly to Mariah and ran over to her.  She was laying in a pool of blood.

"Oh shit, oh shit—" I felt tears stinging my eyes, snatching my phone up.
*

Mariah Williams 💫

I sat up in the hospital bed as they were coaching me to push, setting off so much pain in my body. I looked over at Kentrell, who was holding my hand. I felt sweat all over me as I finally pushed my baby out. I started crying immediately, and Kentrell hugged me and rubbed my back. I could hear people telling that they were sorry, and that there was therapy available for parents of stillborn babies  

I woke up with a tear running down my face, and my stomach hurting like hell. Ken was standing over me on the phone, eyes red. I felt a wet feeling down my legs and up my back. I tried to look down, but he stopped me.

"No baby, don't look down. Don't look down." I stared up at the ceiling, crying about my stomach cramping like hell.

"You sendin' somebody?—Okay.—Yeah, ill stay on." He put it on speaker phone.

"Mariah?" Some lady called for me.

"Huh?" I felt dizzy.

"We're doing everything we can, we have EMS coming."

"For what? Let me see!"

"No, don't look." I ignored him and looked down to see red all around me. I screamed and felt more tears coming.

"Kentrell..." I couldn't even get my next sentence out from the pain I was in.