Chapter 15 🥀: Back to Reality

Mariah's POV
*
"Wake up, boo! We leaving in a lil while." I heard Beenie's voice from behind the door. I groaned in response, then heard him laugh.

"We leaving at 9:30." It was 8:35. I got up and got in the shower, getting ready. I was downstairs at 9:15. Everybody except Keisha and Kd was sitting downstairs. Everybody except me was mugging Malu and YB.

"Who pissed in y'all's cornflakes?" I said, laughing.

"Why you so happy? Ben must gave you some dick?" Kd walked down the steps. I bucked at him.

"Bitch me and Ben ain't fuckin'. All I asked was why everybody was muggin' them two!" I pointed at them.

"Them two was keepin' us up halfway through the night. I guess they decided fuck our sleep. I don't know how yeen hear it, them hoes was loud." Beenie bucked at them. Malu stuck her tongue out, trying to twerk in her seat. I furrowed my eyebrows at her, then YB, then started tapping on my phone.

"You not cute." Ben simply said, making everybody start geeking, including YB on the sly. Malu rolled her eyes. I started tapping on my phone.

"I don't know why you're laughing, if I'm not cute, you're ugly as dirt." Since nobody responded, I decided to look up. She was looking dead at me. YB looked at me with a cautious look.

"Uh, okay? Imma just keep doing what I'm doing because I'm not studying you." I heard snickers around the room.

"Bitch." I heard her mumble under her breath.

"Oh shit..." Beenie mumbled as I put my phone down. I put my hand up.

"No, no. Yeen gotta say that." I pulled my hair up in a ponytail.

"Mariah..." YB mumbled, shaking his head. I stepped closer to them with every second I talked.

"Look, b--Malu, the way I was taught, that is the most disrespectful thing you can can call a female. I don't take kindly to being called one. I was raised in the streets, that means I don't take nobody's shit, and I will lay hands on you, spiritually, and beating that ass. Since I'm from the streets, that means I also carry heat." I pull out my gun, making everybody freak out.

"Chill, y'all, I'm good." I held the gun to where it was pointed towards the ceiling diagonally, my index where the trigger lays, and my palm half open.

"It ain't nothing to put a bullet in anybody. So if you think to mess with me or pick on me when I didn't do shit to you? Remember this speech." I raised out of her face, making everybody scream and chant. Kd, Ben, and Beenie jumped around the living room, Kd was holding his head.

"Straight served her ass!" I looked at her with a smug smirk.

"Kentrell, you're gonna let her talk to me this way?"

"KeNtReLl, YoU'rE gOnNa LeT hEr--YB can't do shit to me, he ain't my daddy. He can't control me, girl. Better ask somebody." I looked him in the eye as I turned around, I could tell he was trying not to laugh at her fear.

"When we leavin', best?" I ask Beenie, as Keisha walked down the steps.

"We going to meet Montana 'nem at the hotel since they went to the club last night." He says.

"What were y'all making all that noise for?" She smoothed her shirt out at the end of the steps. Beenie looked at her, then me, then at Malu and YB.

"I'll tell you in the car." He laughed, walking outside. I pulled my suitcase out to the three row suburban and got in the back. Everybody loaded up. Beenie and Keisha got in the driver's and passenger's seat, YB and Malu tried to get in the back where I was. I put my hand in his face.