Chapter 95 🥀: Life Saver

Brianna Adkins 🌻

"Well, that's not my business." I heard Gigi tell somebody on the phone while I was coloring.

"Yeah, well I got two kids to take care of. They my priority. I don't care what he got goin' on." I poked my lip out when my red crayon broke. I showed Gigi.

"I'm sorry, boo." She sighed and took the crayon.

"I don't have anymore red." I sat beside her.

"Okay, I know he lied but I don't even care at this point.— Here, sharpen that one, two reds!" I smiled and rushed over to the crayon box.

"Yeah...He did tell me he loved me..." I heard a baby crying. Gigi sighed and got up. I followed her, skipping to the back. Jayda was crying.

"Uh-hm...girl lemme call you back." She sounded funny. I looked up and saw she was crying. When she sat back down in the living room, I got on the couch with her.

"Why are you crying?" She sniffles and looked at me when she started rocking the baby back to sleep.

"Nothin', don't worry about it. Just—hormones." She laughed. I was confused.

"What's hormones?" I kicked my legs back and forth.

"It's like...chemicals—in your body...they make me sad sometimes. Sometimes mad. Horn—I mean, hungry." I nodded and sat quiet. I wanted to ask another question, but I remembered that mommy didn't like me to ask questions while she was sad.

"Is daddy taking me to Ms.Rubie?" Ms.Rubie asks me a lot of questions every time I get to see her. It's fun, she makes up games for us to play, and writes a lot. She nods. A few minutes later, daddy walks in.

"Hey Gigi, we'll be back inna lil bit—runnin late. Come on, Bri." I slipped on my shoes and went with him. We got in the car and he drove off.

"You wanna talk to Riah and Trell? They wanted ta speak to ya earlier, but Gigi was on the phone." I nodded, excited. I missed them already. I was staying with Gigi for some days because they left.

"Aye.—Yeah, I'm takin' ha now—To The therapist. —Here she go." He handed me the phone and I put it up to my ear fast.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Brianna. Whatchu doin' baby?"

"Riding in the car. What are you doing?"

"I'm gettin' ready to go shoppin'."

"Without me?" I faked sad and she giggled.

"I'm sorry, baby. When we get back, I'll take you."

"Yay!"

"You helpin' Gigi? You not givin' Jay 'nem a hard time, right?"

"Right."

"Good. Trell wanna speak to you." The car stopped in front of the small building Ms. Rubie works at.

"Hello?"

"Hey, wassup ma?"

"Nothing. Wassup?" He laughed at me.

"Same as you. Nothin'."

"Are you going shopping with Mariah?"

"No ma'am, I'm gettin' ready to go to Texas. She really need to be here so we won't miss our flight."

"Boy, Imma be back inna flash. Hush." I heard in the background.

"When you get back, can I see Kayden?" I liked everybody else, I just couldn't play with them like I can with Kayden.