Chapter 23 🥀: Confidence

Kentrell's POV
*
Mariah's been slowly coping with her situation. When her brother found out, it was a big ass mess. They grandma noticed her hips spread, Marc thought she was hoeing around, hurt her feelings, and she damn near lost her shit, again. She have them days where she doesn't come out much, keeping to herself, and we respect that. I busted into her room, laying down on top of her. I wrapped my arms around her, laying my head on her chest. I felt her run a nail over the top of my head.

"Needa talk?" Her voice was soft and low. I nodded, squeezing her tighter. I felt her hand run over my face.

"Let it out, boo."

"We got in another argument."

"About?"

"Stupid shit. Ion think we can patch this one up."

"I done seen niggas get shot, live, and make friends with the same nigga that shot them. You can't tell me  you can't patch up ya relationship over some petty shit." I laughed a little.

"Damn." I mumbled.

"But, lemme tell you some', you listening?"

"Mhmm."

"If issa dead situation, don't try to revive it." I bit my lip, nodding.

"I be tryin' so hard to understand shit and see it her way, but she be doing the most." I played with a drawstring on her shorts. I licked my lips, noticing and liking the position I was in a lot better. I started rubbing little circles in the inside of her thigh. I heard her sigh like she always do when she's turned on. I smirked.

"If she can't see it from your point of view, find a different way." She was barely speaking now.

"On some real shit, can I ask you some'." She grabbed my hand.

"Go 'head."

"Do you tell her she pretty, make her feel special?"

"All the time. I really got love for her. Had."

"Do she return it?" I stayed quiet, knowing she did only when she was frontin' on the Gram.

"When I was with Jaden, I always told him he was beautiful. I made him feel good." She touched my neck, then my jaw. I looked up at her.

"He ain't deserve it." She smirked awkwardly.

"Ain't nothin' wrong wit' dem scars. You been a fighta' since foreva'." She kissed my forehead, running a finger over it.

"You got them pretty ass eyes, wit' dem thick eyelashes." She laughed a little, staring into my eyes.

"I can sit and look in your eyes all day. I know you got a bunch of shit in ya soul that keep ya eyes from brightening when you truly happy." I broke eye contact, looking at her lips. She lowered her head to kiss my nose.

"I love yo big ass nose."

"It ain't even that big." I laughed at her, wiping the gloss off. She giggled.

"I know I always pick on yo ass about your teeth, but I love ya gap. I love ya smile. You got a big, pretty smile. Lemme see it." I mugged her.

"Please, pooh?" She said in the softest voice. I smiled, just cause I loved when she called me pooh. She kissed my cheek, running her thumb over my bottom lip.